Keyless entry

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I found these comments from Nissan on the Intelligent Key which explains some of its functions. Most likely many members already understand the function but perhaps some not - Dave

Convenient function for locking and unlocking door without using key, and also opens trunk :
This technology allows you to lock and unlock the door just by pressing the Request Switch on the door when you are carrying your key on you. You can also open and close the trunk, and can start the engine without having to insert the key, making departure seamless. By cutting out the trouble of putting in the key, there is no need to search for the key inside your bag or pocket. It also eliminates the fear of accidentally shutting your key inside your vehicle or trunk.
Technology Functionality :The Intelligent Key System has the following functions :

Hands-Free Lock & Unlock & Trunk Open:Press the Request Switch on the door handle or trunk to lock or unlock the door or open the trunk. There is no need to insert and turn the key, nor to operate a remote control.

Push Button Ignition :The engine activates just by turning the ignition knob (or pressing the engine start switch), without taking the key out and inserting it.

Lockout Protection :In order to avoid a key being shut up inside the vehicle cabin or trunk, the technology detects the status of the door lock and whether the key is remaining inside the vehicle at the instant when the door or trunk is closed. If it detects that a key has been shut inside the vehicle, it alerts you via a buzzer and simultaneously automatically unlocks the door or opens the trunk.
Technology Configuration :Intelligent Key utilizes antennae that transmit signals between the car and the key, and a tuner that receives the signals. Pressing the Request Switch transmits a signal from the car antenna, and the key that receives the signal then automatically returns a signal. The car tuner receives this signal and then locks or unlocks the vehicle.Similarly, for starting the engine the ignition knob is turned or the engine start switch is pressed and the car transmits a signal, which is then received and returned by the key and the engine activates. The signal transmitted by the car is tuned to reach an area one meter around the Request Switch, or when inside the car, only inside the cabin or trunk so that only the person with the key in range can engage it. The technology in the Intelligent Key is characterized by its detection range accuracy for measuring keys. This accuracy is supported by technology that controls signal output with high accuracy and measuring technology that accurately detects key location. Further, the signal transmitted by the key contains an individual recognition code, and that code is registered to the car in advance. For this reason, when signals are received from unregistered keys and so on, the system does not respond.

And Then the Ultimate : Nissan Altima All Singing & Dancing Key
The Nissan Intelligent KeyA® lets you tap a button on the door handle or trunk to unlock them, while your keys stay in your pocket or purse. Before you even get there though, you can start your car from up to 100 feet away with the Remote Engine Start System. This convenient solution lets you heat up or cool down the Altima before it's time to get in, provided you set the climate control functions when you got out.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Bpirie1000

Post by Bpirie1000 »

I have had to change where my key is stored. Was in cabinet (locked) at front door but key is to close.....
Anyone could open the car by touching the handle button...

Just for other owners...
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Bpirie1000, what QQ do you have because you are beginning to frighten me with your comment of Key Storage.
We have the Tekna "Intelligent Key" System and I tested it out today and with the Key laying on the Mirror Top and the QQ would lock and unlock. When I moved it and placed it on the top of the Bonnet by the Wiper it would just Alarm & Beep when trying to lock or unlock.
Now if you read the Manual ours states it operates within an area of 80cm (31,50") of the button which is about right from my Test. I tried it at 5m result nothing !

Now with the "Normal Key" it states it functions within 5m (15ft) over that it does not and I would believe you have to Press the Buttons for the Key to function. I suppose my question is how does a Car Thief then open your door or I am missing your Point - Thanks Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Bpirie1000

Post by Bpirie1000 »

My dad has a QQ as well and I tried his.. Turns out wife had her car keys in her hand bag while I had mine with me..(me thinking only key was far away.. Car thinking ha ha key is in the car...

Mine tekna as well so is my dads......

No need to panic.....