Keyless entry

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
ProceSS

Post by ProceSS »

I was surprise when I open the keyless entry key ... our key have 3 buttons similar to the GTR or Infiniti cars (3th one is to open the boot in the car) I'm thinking why Nissan decided not give us this option
:geek: QQ TEKNA 1.2DIG-T NIGHSHADE - 2014 :geek:

Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Because it is a budget car. It may be an option on the similar but more expensive X-Trail and it is things like that, rather than the slight increase in interior space, that mark it out to sell at a premium over Qashqai.
Brill

Post by Brill »

So I modified mine slightly, so that the third button operates, but it still doesn't do anything.
1.6 DCI CVT Acenta Premium September 2014
Pumpkin_Heed

Post by Pumpkin_Heed »

is a retro-fit something that could be done from a model that has an auto open feature?
2015 Qashqai N-Tec+ 1.5dci Ink Blue
duncho

Post by duncho »

It won't operate unless you re-program BCM so that it knows what it should do with 3rd pressed button command. Not talking about how nice lifting the tailgate would be, I would welcome if 3rd button could at least be programmed for closing/ opening windows, coming/ leaving home function, or short horn honk to help find a parked car.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Mass production is the reason for this 3rd un-used button. Rather than making individual units for cars, they will just make 1, which means 1 production line, one program.... This is no different to models coming off the production line with a "universal for that car" wiring loom that will fit all accessories available, but the ends not being connected to anything on the lower spec cars.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I like the idea from duncho.
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

The Nissan Rogue which is based on the Qashqai and sold alongside the xtrail in the USA,has remote powered boot opening as standard.AndyM2015-05-11 14:14:46
2017 N-Connecta/comfort pack 1.2 Xtronic Chestnut Bronze
duncho

Post by duncho »

Rogue 2014 = X-Trail 2014First generation Rogue was indeed built on Qashqai platform.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

Ah that would explain the boot opener then,with it being an xtrail thing, not as nifty as the Ford Kuga foot sensor though.
2017 N-Connecta/comfort pack 1.2 Xtronic Chestnut Bronze