Replacement windscreen

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Goldie

Post by Goldie »

Hi all,Qashqai N-tec + 3 weeks old. Care with this. I've just been informed that the stone chip I had yesterday Is not covered if I have a new screen hence need for re-calibration by a Nissan dealer. I have been quoted 2 hours labour at a cost of £180 if I want this done. Auto glass will not calibrate hence it has to be taken to an authorised dealer. So, with my insurance at £75 screen excess plus 2 hours labour = £180 it will cost me £255. Not a good start for life with Nissan or Auto Glass. Can anybody give their view on this or had the same problem? I feel this is almost a watchdog item!!

duncho

Post by duncho »

If they use Nissan screen there is nothing to get re-calibrated!! You only must disconnect the battery after min. 10 minutes of not touching the car otherwise DTC related to the camera will be generated. Rain sensor gel pad must be used new. That's it!
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Dan, what's "DTC"??
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Deleted User 1450

Post by Deleted User 1450 »

Got fed up with waiting for nearly 4 weeks for Autoglass to find a screen, so contacted National Windscreens who replaced it within 2 days.All cameras etc still work and no need to visit the dealer to get them sorted out / recalibrated.Goldie, use National Windscreens, Autoglass (in my opinion) are $hit3.
langy2015-06-12 13:00:55
duncho

Post by duncho »

DTC is automatically generated event whenever an error occurs on car electronic devices or CANBUS communication is interrupted. That is the error code which you are able to read via OBD2 scanner ;)duncho2015-06-12 08:03:10
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

We're due to have the windscreen replaced by Autoglass this Saturday after discovering a mysterious cracking had appeared overnight running several inches up from the bottom of the screen, which wasn't there the day before. They've mentioned the need to have the camera recalibrated - so has anyone ever had Autoglass change their screen, and if so, was recalibration necessary?

I should state that we haven't any choice but Autoglass as it's done through the Motability insurance.
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
Deleted User 1450

As stated above, mine didn't need recalibrating. Speed signs and auto braking system still work without any problems.Good luck with Autoglass. Hope they don't phone you up in the morning and say they are still waiting delivery from the supplier (happened to me 2 or 3 times)
mrlazy

Post by mrlazy »

I've just had a chip in mine.

Phoned Autoglass (via direct line) and was told they had to order a replacement in and couldn't give me a delivery time.

They said the sensors might need re-calibrating and can't be held responsible for and damaged caused removing or fitting the new screen

I'm now full of condfidence - not!
Deleted User 1450

[quote="mrlazy"]I've just had a chip in mine. Phoned Autoglass (via direct line) and was told they had to order a replacement in and couldn't give me a delivery time. [/QUOTE]Good luck
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

is the chip in location they're not allowed to repair?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D