Replacement windscreen

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
mrlazy

Post by mrlazy »

[quote="Gel"] is the chip in location they're not allowed to repair?A [/QUOTE]

Mines in the lower near side corner - the black area, so they can't repair it

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Autoglass failings highlighted on BBC Watchdog tonight: [TUBE"]]https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b060k9ns[/TUBE"]]
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

I'm happy (lucky?) to report that Autoglass turned up on time yesterday with what looked to me like a genuine screen with the pads/fittings attached to the rear view mirror area, fitted it without doing any damage - and the traffic signal recognition was working fine on a trip out a few hours later. It hasn't rained yet so I don't know if there are any changes to the rain sensing wipers mind you.
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
mrlazy

Post by mrlazy »

Autoglass fitting a new one Monday...apparently

Pleased yours was ok supergrover - gives me a bit more confidence
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

The rain sensing wipers are functioning as they should, also I jet washed the car and there are no leaks. I do appear to have been quite fortunate. Mind you, the fitter who came out saw my motorcycle and being a biker himself we had plenty to chat about - so maybe he took extra care!
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
Deleted User 1450

Post by Deleted User 1450 »

Well, 3 months after my windscreen was replaced, the car went to a local dealer to fix a water leak in the passenger foot well. Turned out that it was caused by the windscreen not being fitted correctly.

It has been resolved between Nissan and National Windcreeens and another new screen for me (never did like cleaning inside of windscreens :lol: )
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Resurrecting an old thread - a 9 inch crack mysteriously appeared on my windscreen overnight too, starting near the bottom of the
offside edge like supergrover's.

screen01.jpg

It was definitely not there the day before - I looked at it thinking I'd have to clean the bugs off. I'm glad I didn't - it might have cracked
(or worse) while I was washing it. The crack starts at the very edge of the screen, under the plastic/rubber beading. As far as I can see,
there's no chip or impact mark that accounts for the crack (you can still see the bugs, though).

screen02.jpg

Autoglass are fitting a new screen tomorrow and then on 1st June it has to go to Nissan for camera calibration (the earliest I could get).
I've had to pay a £50 excess, but Motability say I won't get charged for calibration. I'm grateful for this, but still peeved at having to pay
anything for what seems to be a manufacturing defect! :cry:
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Gel

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Interesting, thanks Gel. I will show that page to the technician and ask why it's not performed as part of the replacement. (Perhaps Nissan insists it's done by their own dealers.)
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Gel

Post by Gel »

Hound you could do with tweeting those pics to @NISSANUK; may get you some response from HQ.
Have Autoglass come across often before? :?: