Replacement windscreen

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Deleted User 1450

Post by Deleted User 1450 »

Managed to get a chip in my windscreen last week and Autoglass came to repair earlier, unfortunately to chip expanded to a crack when he went to repair it, so I need a new screen.They need to order a replacement from Nissan, so how long do you think it will take?

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I had a similar situation with my previous Yeti, the heated screen was not stocked and had to be ordered from Skoda. They phoned me about 10 days later to fit it the following day. It seems the days of anyone carrying stock parts has ended, the dealers are just the same.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

i hope autoglass knows how to deal with the camerahousing.
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna
Deleted User 1450

[quote="QQ013"] i hope autoglass knows how to deal with the camerahousing.
[/QUOTE]
Guess I'll find out in a week or so
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="langy"] [quote="QQ013"] i hope autoglass knows how to deal with the camerahousing.[/QUOTE] Guess I'll find out in a week or so [/QUOTE]
And if you are to wait a week or two for fitting, make sure the AutoGlass branch will be able to confirm your screen will be replaced. I was pulled over by the police because the crack had spread almost the entire width, when I explained the delay it was confirmed by the branch and the boys in blue were happy about that.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Taylor1966

Post by Taylor1966 »

Autoglass fitted my new screen in just a few days (Tekna heated) cameras apparently needed recallibrating after that by a main dealer, but just left that until the next service. I noticed no difference between pre and post calibration.
QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

Taylor, the extra service for the recalibration was/will be free of charge?It's part of the job so i guess Autoglass should cover the costs if the dealer has to finish the work.
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna
Deleted User 1450

Just been notified that the new screen will be fitted in 2 weeks. I have notified them of the integral camera.
Deleted User 1450

[quote="langy"]Just been notified that the new screen will be fitted in 2 weeks. I have notified them of the integral camera.[/QUOTE]...... and just had a call from Autoglass and Nissan failed to deliver the screen to them yesterday, so will need to wait a bit longer. At least the crack hasn't grown in size.
Deleted User 1450

update....... meant to be fitting today and I've just had a call to say they are still waiting for delivery of the screen.In the meantime, I'm contacting my local dealer to see how long it wold take them to get a new screen.
langy2015-06-04 13:40:59