Parking Assist

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I was wondering if anyone lucky enough to have their new 2014 QQ has managed to get parallel parking working yet with the assist?I played around over the weekend and happily got the reverse parking in to a bay working. But when trying to test parallel parking it just doesn't seem to work.The manual description of this feature is awful to say the least but it implies, as with the bay parking, that there is a start option but there simply isn't.Anyone tried it successfully yet?
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014

andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

what do you mean by 'start option', a menu item on screen, or system not allowing the parking?i presume you've seen this video? parking assist is shown at about 9:40http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hRVms-T_D08&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DhRVms-T_D08

andrewjoseph2014-02-17 12:33:53
tekna cvt mag red
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Basically you hit the camera button....Hit the PA button at the bottom of the screen and away you go.You use the indicator stork to decide which side you want to park...then to park in the bay you hit the button that looks like parallel parking.You then adjust the blue box on the screen to where you want to park.Press Start on the screen and away it goes, forward, then backwards in to the bay.But...there doesn't seem to be an option to start parking assist when wanting to park parallel......and I cannot work out how to do that at all.Admittidly I've tried outside my apartment where it doesn't have parallel parking by just stopping by the kerb....but still can't see a start option.It may well be that I'm just interpreting some of the buttons wrong and need to give it more of a go when it's quieter and not raining lol
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

sorry, took to long trying to edit my post as i forgot to paste the link in.maybe they forgot to put the sensors in your car
tekna cvt mag red
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

lol..no it's all there..the reversing bit works fine....Just can't figure out what to push to make it parallel park.
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

ahh sussed it thank you...the link really helped.You have to set park assist on and then drive by the space..it then tells you if you fit.Where as for parking in the bay you manually tell it where you want it to park.....So, because I didn't drive forward with it on it couldn't find the space...brilliant.Will try that later.Thank you.
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

just doing my civic duty Sir.... sorry, wrong forum.
tekna cvt mag red
Dutch QQ

Post by Dutch QQ »

This video domonstrates is how to use Parking Assist for parallel parking: http://youtu.be/bQZ-UDY3lpQTo summarize: 1. Activate Camera and Park Assist (PA) BEFORE passing a possible parking spot. 2. Select the side of an upcoming parking spot on your left or right hand side with your turn signal.3. With the turn signal on, slowly drive by to scan the length of the parking spot.4. Follow the instructions on the screen and keep your hand's off the steering wheel.
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

I tried the parallel and it works flawlessly. I haven't tried pulling into a bay forward or reversing in as it seems a little pointless for simple parking. What do you do to activate that?
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S

Dutch QQ

Post by Dutch QQ »

Instructions for Bay Parking Assist: 1. Stop beside a parking bay.2. Activate Camera and Park Assist (PA) 3. Select the side of the parking bay with your turn signal.4. Switch from Parallel Parking to Bay Parking by pressing the pictogram in the lower right corner of the screen. 5. Position the blue square of destination over the parking bay, using the up and down arrows on your screen. You can also rotate the destination square to adjust for the angle of the parking bay 6. Follow the instructions on the screen and keep your hand's off the steering wheel. 7. Press Start8. When promted: Select 1st gear9. Press Start10. When prompted: Drive ahead and let PA do the steering11. When prompted: Stop, select reverse gear, drive backwards and let PA do the steeringBPA only works when reversing into a bay. BPA is not effective in narrow (e.g. single lane) streets, because it drives the car too far forward i.e. steers out too wide.