Electronic brake fault

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
keithg2308

Post by keithg2308 »

I have an intermittent fault with the yellow brake warning light illuminating on my 2014 1.5d tekna when this happens and I stop the car and press the button to turn off the engine the hand brake does not engage automatically and the red hand brake warning light also starts to flash on dash board and the red light on handbrake switch flashes.On restarting the engine the handbrake can then be applied manual via switch with engine running which then allows me turn to engine off again.If the car is left off for a while the fault does not automatically re appear and it may be several days before it happens again, I will be contacting the dealer this week in the mean while has anybody else experienced similar problems ? thanks in anticipation for your thoughts and input Regards Keith
keith

omegadeep

Post by omegadeep »

I had the same problem with my Renault Grand Scenic. There are a number of reasons the warnings appear. Sometimes it can be water in the electrical side of the breaking system, sometimes the connections to the callipers, sometimes the electronic module controlling the system needs replacing. The only way to sort it is to take the car into the garage for investigation. However, don't expect them to find the fault first time.
A car is just a set of four wheels and four seats to enable one to travel from a to b. all other perceptions are individual illusions of the thought process.
questy

Post by questy »

Hi I also have a 2014 model, two weeks ago my electric brake was stuck on and the car couldn't be moved the RAC came after a hour and all was ok when the man tried it !.The car went back to my local Nissan garage but no fault was found, very worrying.
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

This has happened once recently but I had been in start stop traffic on a hill going up for 15-20mins before this. Stopping the car and restarting and the fault disappeared.
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
jagr68

Post by jagr68 »

[quote="keithg2308"]
I have an intermittent fault with the yellow brake warning light illuminating on my 2014 1.5d tekna when this happens and I stop the car and press the button to turn off the engine the hand brake does not engage automatically and the red hand brake warning light also starts to flash on dash board and the red light on handbrake switch flashes.On restarting the engine the handbrake can then be applied manual via switch with engine running which then allows me turn to engine off again.If the car is left off for a while the fault does not automatically re appear and it may be several days before it happens again, I will be contacting the dealer this week in the mean while has anybody else experienced similar problems ? thanks in anticipation for your thoughts and input Regards Keith[/QUOTE]
Hi KeithDid you ever get an answer to this fault. Mine is doing the same and has been intermittent for the past two months. Dealer couldn't find fault at service
keithg2308

Post by keithg2308 »

No, I even took a photo of the lights on yet the dealer said it does not show up on diagnostics and therefore says there is nothing wrong, yet when the lights are on the handbrake does not engage properly do not have much faith in dealer now and always park the car in gear just in case!
keith
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

I always put my car in gear when parking and have done so for many years, handbrakes can loosen on any car.
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
jagr68

Post by jagr68 »

exactly the same was told to phone nissan roadside assistant when it hapens but by the time they would come it would be sorted.when the car moves ok it kind of judders...
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

This first post is now interesting to me as this happened two days ago on our 14 QQ. The Yellow Warning Light came ON so I stopped and checked for leaks and Low Brake Fluid but all was OK. On re-starting and driving it disappeared. Yesterday we had the same but this time with the Auto Brake Warning Light Flashing Red and also the Brake Switch was Flashing. Again checked everything and all was OK, so I drove (no warning lights) to the Dealer who checked the problem with an OBD and identified 3 possible faults but found nothing and just replaced 2 Fuses. He recommended turning OFF the Stop / Start and driving without and if a problem that was Critical arose call the Nissan Road Service and get a Lease Car. Today no warning but I am being wary on this as there ain't no Hand Brake to play with - Electronics again ! Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Sorry ! Just so you know what I am talking about - Dave :)

IMG_3746.JPG

IMG_3752.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken