Electronic brake fault

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

I had the yellow brake warning light and flashing parking brake light problem a few weeks ago. Switching off and on didn't cure it so as I was going past the Nissan dealership on my way home anyway I popped in and they got a tech to have a look there and then. According to the service manager the fault was showing as a defective parking brake switch. After half an hour they handed the car back with no error lights and I never saw the fault again but they changed the switch the following week anyway. Interestingly for the short time the fault was present I did notice that only one side of the parking brake was working...I could tell by the way the back end of the car was behaving when the brake was auto released when pulling away. I haven't seen the wiring diagram to check whether there are separate contacts for left and right rear brakes to confirm if the switch could have been the fault. It may be a coincidence, but the fault did occur on the same day I changed the cabin air filter which is a b of a job on the RHD version and does involve pushing bits of wiring loom out of the way
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red

Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

Bob d, I had exactly the same symptoms, went to the dealers several times for it and was told to monitor it! Eventually they said the park brake ecm was faulty and fitted a new one, touch wood the fault hasn't reoccurred!
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

Thinking back, the fault only occurred when I was wearing a particular pair of trainers, I've not worn them since and there's been no recurrence :roll:
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just a positive update. After the problems we had with the Brake Warning Lights and the comments from our Nissan Dealer we travelled 720kms (450 miles), with Stop Start OFF and NO problems appeared with the Brake Lights during the whole journey - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Grazza1

Post by Grazza1 »

Just had the same fault occur on my 2014 Accenta having just had the brakes done a few days ago during a service, the handbrake button flashes now in time with the NATS warning on the dashboard!. I'll try the switching off the Stop/Start till I can get it looked at next week sometime. Cheers for the updates.
J11 2014 1.5 Acenta Premium
Emmers_1987
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Emmers_1987 »

Hi,

Sorry for dragging up old posts but I’ve got the same issue as many others seem to have had. I’ve got a 2016 Quashquai and the parking brake flashes when applied and the orange warning light also comes on. Is this a fault with the car itself?
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

This problem has been around for some time with varying corrections I would get some advice from Nissan on this as Braking Systems are important. I have attached an old post from way back in 2016 so you can get an idea of how long this problem has been around. Also try using the web as there are many comments there also - Dave 😉

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4210
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
conrail

Post by conrail »

I had a grand scenic in which the electroic hand branke started making a gringing sound, garage said I needed a new computer and the cost would be £1000, I offered to go to PC World and buy a cheaper computer but the service manager just glared at me
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

My 66 plate experienced this too.
The dealer replaced the control unit.
Only one side was intermittently engaging , but could be either side.
The dealer said a fault code was present which helped
AY88

Post by AY88 »

Holy thread revival but I just bought mine yesterday and have the same problem :(

Any updates on resolving this?