faults

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Nissan Sunderland built and sold 500,000 [half a million"]] cars last year, the vast majority of them being Qashqai. To put it into perspective, that is nearly 100,000 more cars built at Sunderland than in all Italian car factories added together. That's the whole of the Italian motor industry.Nissan must be doing something very right. The build quality of my 9 month old Qashqai is second to none. It had been completely faultless so far and it has all the sophisticated kit fitted, so not a basic model.

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

What a refreshing thread this has turned out to be - and NO it won't be me that spoils it! Very happy with my car and like many of us on here, I've had a few, some and some not so good. Every Nissan I've had has cost me next to nothing. Volvo was good, Ford was excellent even when it did go wrong it cost peanuts to repair, My BMWs were in a totally different league and cost me thousands each time. Quaker make s a very good point, Sunderland churn them out and obviously make Nissan very happy, why else would they invest so heavily in what is one of the most productive plants in the world?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
iceman GR

Post by iceman GR »

Well, let me be the one that spoils the "unilateral" joy!On the one hand the new QQ is a nice looking car (subjective), 1,5 dci engine is quite economical to drive and maintain (no road tax in Greece, for the time being at least), there are some fancy gizmos. On the other hand it is overpriced, since there is no serious competition (so Nissan asks a lot), quality seems below average and there have been so many little problems hindering everyday use and making you get to know your local service point since day 1.To sum up I would be satisfied if the price was some 4000 euros less (overlooking quality issues because of the value for money ratio) or if my previous car was a supermini or a smaller car. As it is the case with me I really miss my RAV4 MK3 I had to sell since its taxation in Greece became unbearable and its petrol consumption was around 10-12 lts per 100 km.....

iceman GR2015-09-07 15:55:41
Qashqai 1,5, Acenta Premium, Black, Chrome Premium Pack, Side Chrome, Roof Rails (11/2014) SOLD 1/2017
Tom40my

Post by Tom40my »

I've had my 1.2 tekna now since March 2014 and I love it no faults at all in 9000 miles and the new car feeling still hasn't worn off I love the shape and the interior is just a lovely place to be
2014 1.2 tekna magnetic red
Acenta

Post by Acenta »

As people will possibly remember after months of debating about a Qashqai we bought a Note, it just met our needs better at the moment. Obviously built in the same factory and have to say it does seem well put together. I went on the Note forum to say how happy I was and myself and several other happy Note owners were banned because our comments were deemed to be potentially upsetting to owners of older cars with problems. Basically they only want owners of the Mk 1 Note or Mk 2 owners who are unhappy. If you like the car, are happy with the economy, space, ride, comfort stay away. When my car comes up for renewal the Qashqai is still on the list, just hope the 1.6 DIG-T is available with cheaper trims later in the models life. Could well end up a 2 Nissan family. But there again the new X-Trail with the 1.6 DIG-T engine is only a few pounds more and has quite a bit more space (which we don't actually need).
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I am joining the happy brigade, 18 months in and 13k miles and not a single problem.As for the comment about being overpriced just go on to any similar marque, do the configurator and put on all the spec. the Tekna has and you will find the QQ is exceptional value for money, I did a similar pricing on a Skoda Yeti, it could not still match the QQ for all the toys, but the price was over £30k, sadly some owners spent £20k plus and expect a car to look, drive and perform like a Bentley
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Fat Controller -- Wise words indeed.
bike kid

Post by bike kid »

ok then i'v now got my qq its a 13 plate 1.5 dci tekna goes realy well with no faults yet just one thing, don't know what they call the colour it's black but changes colour depending on how the light hits it' it goes a maroon colour ?
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

Nightshade - or Marmite as the wife calls it because it can also look brown under certain conditions
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I have owned quite a few cars covering a lot of brands over the years but more recently Audi and Mini. Currently house sitting for friends and our QQ sits on the drive alongside an Audi Q3 2 ltr with all the bells and whistles.
Over the last week I keep comparing them both and the QQ holds it's own. Yes, the trim may not look quite as swish as the Audi but it is not out classed. When I worked out the price differential our QQ came in at £14000 less, yes £14000. Ok so our car is 2 wd and not 4 wd but it is a no brainer for me.

Only one serious issue on the car in 15 months which was a faulty battery replaced under warranty. We had a small rattle on the dash around the A/C control panel which was fixed at the first service. Compared with my Audi A3 and three Mini's it has been far better on noise/rattles.

As we are currently in Surrey the roads are somewhat flatter than our native Devon and I have been pleased to see our mpg improve accordingly. I am now pushing towards 60 mpg on a run and near 55on local drives which is 5 mpg improvement on our norm.

We also have an excellent dealer who looks after us very well (well done Wellington Motors).

We are both retired and living on pensions so value for money is important but with our QQ I do not feel that I have been downgraded. All in all it represents good quality, reliable engineering and cheap motoring. What more do I need!
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze