DRL dimming - Qashqai's indicators visibility

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I didn't know there was a Version 2! :o

It's still the best addition I have made to the car. I always look at the QQ's reflection in the rear of the car ahead to see the transition from DRL on to off when indicating, and feel smug.

Now, if Duncho can make a Version 3 that magically turns all the LEDs in the DRL to amber, and light up sequentially... :D
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic

alfredgoh

Post by alfredgoh »

Hi Duncho,

I'm interested to buy the STOP/START MODULE and DRL DIMMING MODULE.

How can i purchase from you?
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Someone else's solution; he needs a hankie 8-)
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
duncho

Post by duncho »

alfredgoh wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 8:58 am Hi Duncho,

I'm interested to buy the STOP/START MODULE and DRL DIMMING MODULE.

How can i purchase from you?
Please drop me PM with your address and email and I will write you back. Many thanks ;)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
duncho

Post by duncho »

Gel wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 9:42 am Someone else's solution; he needs a hankie 8-)
It's a guy I know personally ;)

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Now I know how to assemble Cable Ties - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
GrumpyTrucker

Post by GrumpyTrucker »

Should be taking delivery of my Qashqai in the next couple of weeks or so. I hadn't considered this indicator issue but since seeing this post I've been looking around and yeah, I can see it's not ideal. How easy are the modules to fit? I'm assuming they just plug in somewhere? Only ask cos I don't know anyone in the trade or electrically minded so would end up having to take it into a garage to fit if it's a bit fiddly. If it seems straight forward enough I'd definitely be interested in a pair.
QQ 1.2 DiG-T Tekna (2017 J11) with pano roof, Magnetic Red
duncho

Post by duncho »

GrumpyTrucker wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 1:08 pm Should be taking delivery of my Qashqai in the next couple of weeks or so. I hadn't considered this indicator issue but since seeing this post I've been looking around and yeah, I can see it's not ideal. How easy are the modules to fit? I'm assuming they just plug in somewhere? Only ask cos I don't know anyone in the trade or electrically minded so would end up having to take it into a garage to fit if it's a bit fiddly. If it seems straight forward enough I'd definitely be interested in a pair.
GrumpyTrucker, unfortunately it is not Plug&Play solution, which would be possible to do, but due to high cost and excessive MOQ of respective headlight connectors it is not profitable and would make the module way more expensive than already it is. I attached the installation instructions for you to see how much work is needed for installation - https://goo.gl/gTVg7X. To me it takes 30-45 minutes to get one installed.

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

If there's no E11 connector in your fusebox (there was none in my 1.6dCi), you have to splice into the positive wires to the indicator bulbs and run an extra few metres of wire across the front of the car and up into the fusebox. Not especially difficult; I used PosiTap connectors and bought 7mm ribbed sleeving for the extra wires that looked like the existing cable sleeving, to make the extra loom look OE where visible.

post.jpg

choob.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
duncho

Post by duncho »

Hound, thank you for providing the additional information :)