Park assist

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
BWA

Post by BWA »

Just tried showing this to my daughter in a local retail car park. Selected bay parking, it wouldn't choose to park somewhere where there were two adjacent empty spaces, it only seems to like single spaces, I'm guessing as its calculating the clearance either side of QQ.
Eventually though it found a place but then tried to parallel park me between two cars whose front ends stuck out more than a car between them. WTF lol, gave that up as a bad idea. No doubt the problem would have been mine but bay park was definitely selected!! I then tried elsewhere but it struggled to identify perfectly good spaces, I'm guessing this is a technique that needs mastering !!
65 plate Tekna 1.5 DCI with panoramic roof, magnetic red, space saver spare wheel kit

QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

same here. never had a positive experience with the system. So it's just a badly engineered addition you can do without.
The time i did succeed the distance between the curb and the wheel was embarrassing ;)
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Parking in a bay is less automated than parking parallel. You need to tell it there is a space there.

Parallel parking is different, but yes it will only work if there is a space with a car at either end. I think you can tell it to auto park even then by telling there is a space there as well.

Its also not *that* intelligent either. It will just steer into the space you have told it exists. It wont make any corrections to compensate for being slightly out, even if the sensors pick up an object in the way. Its a party trick, maybe one that can get you into a tight spot, but to be perfectly honest, I have used it the once and it parked me too far away from the curb I would have ended up with a ticket so ended up leaving the space and just parked it in it myself!
carlgoss
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by carlgoss »

Can't get it to work at all. Doesn't seem to recognise spaces, and on two occassions it has found one, it has tried to reverse me into a curb, and another time way off the bays white lines and into a tree. Dealership tells me it very complicated and takes a lot of practice!! I've used it on rental cars of other makes with no problems, and it seems quite useful, but if you can't rely on it to work.. whats the point.
15 plate DCI 110 1.5 Diesel Tekna Nightshade
DD41

Post by DD41 »

just a thought guys have you gone into manual settings when using park assist so you can pin point the car where to park. Once mastered it is pretty good I had theses problems @ first.
19 plate X Trail 1.3 DIG-T DCT Tekna Gun metal grey + led kick plates + footwell lights + Chrome lower boot finsher
16plate 1.2 DigtT cvt Tekna ink blue pan roof chome pack/ protection pack / chrome sill protectors / Nissan mud flaps/Spare wheel
switchback

Post by switchback »

I've used it a few times just to see if it works and once I'd sussed it out it was fine every time. It sounds like folks need to read the hand book and try it in a quiet car park. Not used it since as it's easier and quicker to use the mirrors. It's a sales gimmick that very few people will ever use on a regular basis.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

If you have not already seen these videos please take a look as they might be of help, there are more if you need them on YouTube - Dave :)

https://youtu.be/CT1LPr5sVt4

https://youtu.be/EMJQLw1TTAQ
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DD41

Post by DD41 »

True Switchback.
19 plate X Trail 1.3 DIG-T DCT Tekna Gun metal grey + led kick plates + footwell lights + Chrome lower boot finsher
16plate 1.2 DigtT cvt Tekna ink blue pan roof chome pack/ protection pack / chrome sill protectors / Nissan mud flaps/Spare wheel
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

I've tried the Park Assist several times now and have found it to be fairly accurate, but I think I would need to do quite a few practice parks before gaining enough confidence and familiarity for me to use it on a day to day basis.

I've only tried bay parking as yet though, but I've yet to find a suitable opportunity where the traffic is quiet enough to experiment with parallel parking.
J11-2016 Tekna 1.5dCi Bronze Metallic
DD41

Post by DD41 »

Prefer to use park assist than let her indoors park it !!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: