CD track info on connect 2.

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Tony Steele

Post by Tony Steele »

Got my new Tekna 1.2 about 3 weeks ago, still trying things out, put in a CD which is shop bought ( not one that's been recorded ) which works and sounds great. Only thing is the tracks are just listed as Track 1 , Track 2, etc., no track info, or title ,artist etc. Haven't tried any other CD 's as the CD was only bought a couple of years ago. I know cd's these days are not as popular these days with almost all the systems using streaming , USB, MPV etc which is great and something I do use. Wondered if there's anyway to get the track info on CD's relatively painlessly, have tried all the buttons in CD mode but they all relate to playing modes. Browse is no help, just lists all the tracks as in Track 1 etc. Wondered if Nissan have designed the connect 2 with the eventual demise of CD's in mind?

BWA

Post by BWA »

It works on some cd's but not many, must be how it reads them. I was playing around this morning while son was footy training, only about 2 cd's from 6 or 7 tried showed all the info
65 plate Tekna 1.5 DCI with panoramic roof, magnetic red, space saver spare wheel kit
Tony Steele

Post by Tony Steele »

Thanks BWA, I was beginning to suspect that might be the answer . Main thing is music still sounds great!
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

On my usb, I find those burnt from CD's to MP3 as opposed to WMA format, inevitably show track data correctly.
WMA seems less supported these days, no doubt at behest of Apple.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Tony Steele

Post by Tony Steele »

Found the same thing ,all the music on my iPhone which is from cd's transferred via my PC then streamed using the connect is fine all the track info.
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Gel wrote: WMA seems less supported these days, no doubt at behest of Apple.
Not sure how you get to that conclusion as Apples own ACC format doesn't work too well on the Connect either. MP3 for safety.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

I was wondering about the apple reference as well. As I unknowingly downloaded with the apple format to find it didn't work. Had to go to mp3
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade
Tony Steele

Post by Tony Steele »

I think in my case as per my earlier post, and one from BWA , the cd was newish, and pre recorded ie shop bought, and it seems even with these it's a bit hit and miss if you get the track info appearing.
Think it's all down to the format it was recorded in if I understand correctly.