Eco Score

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
fat controller

Post by fat controller »

What is considered a decent score on the Eco Score thingy? I confess I only found it this evening, and had a wee faff about with it (including resetting it, and then driving in probably the least economical conditions possible - London rush hour traffic!), and by the time I got home I had a score of 79.

Is that good, bad or indifferent? The bulk of my losses appeared to be on Cruise, but that is no surprise, as there was no way I could cruise in bumper to bumper traffic on the A316 :lol:
1.5dci Acenta Premium
Wishlist: Autofold Mirrors, Chrome body trim and Metal sill protectors;

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Eco score of 79 in London rush hour! Seriously!
What sort of distance, speeds etc?
It can be done, but just watch the eco score go down as the temperature drops.
fat controller

Post by fat controller »

It was over a distance of about 12 miles, started out as up to 50 mph, and reduced to a crawl in the latter half hour; journey was from 1700hrs - 1810hrs, some dual carriageway and the rest in town traffic.

Oddly enough, today's score isn't as good at 71, but that seems to be due to the cold start and heavy traffic this morning.

What would be a sort of 'normal' figure then?
1.5dci Acenta Premium

sporttourer

Post by sporttourer »

You eco score shouldn't really be affected by the temperature. Admittedly - in the real world your economy will suffer in the cold weather but the "artificial" eco score in the Qashqai merely monitors how harshly you pull away, accelerate,cruising speed , slow down & brake.
The three variables that make up your score are Acceleration, deceleration & cruising - combined to give the overall total. I typically average in the low 80s for normal everyday mixed driving & get high 80s low 90s when long journey/motorway driving.
fat controller

Post by fat controller »

I need to work on my driving style then - only managed to get it up to 75 this evening
1.5dci Acenta Premium

Daz8172

Post by Daz8172 »

My eco score is 74.
Nissan Qashqai, 1.6 dig-t 163, Gun Metal, Tekna, Pan sunroof, Spare wheel,
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Was just about to post a new thread on this but did a search and found this one.

This morning I went into Eco Score, pressed Reset and then drove like a vicar to work (11 miles on B roads - max speed 50MPH). I was really careful to accelerate and decelerate slowly and my final score was 75.

I assume from the above that's actually quite a good score (no chance of getting anywhere near 100). I'm not sure how I could have done any better that's for sure !
Wibsy
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Wibsy »

I can't work out whether a low score or a high score is most 'eco'. The manual avoids any explanation whatsoever.

I drive about 20 miles to work everyday with about 80% dual carriageway. There are 3-4 roundabouts at which i queue for a couple of minutes each, but other than that it's fairly uneventful.

As a test, I drove like a saint one early Saturday with virtually no queues, cruised at 56mph etc, barely touched the brakes, accelerated at a gentle rate and got a score of around 62.

The following day, I reset the score... still minimal traffic, same conditions, I drove like a loon... thrashing it, pulling away sharply, high revs..... jumping on the brakes (checking it was safe with no-one behind) and deliberately not maintaining a constant speed....and got a score of 78.....

Has anyone got any idea how this score is calculated?

2014 1.5dCi
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

I gave in trying to work it out a long time ago. The readings seem to be random and without meaning :(