surging , hesitation flatspot

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
qashman

Post by qashman »

Hi all if your car is surging when the engine temp is warm try disconnecting your egr valve you will get a warning light but it will go out when you plug it back in.the egr is electrical and has a motor made of clogs which takes a second to close completely. I have been running my car with the egr disconnected for months because of this problem , the car is more responsive ,faster and more mpg not much more. Give it a try and let us know how you get on.

robman9

Post by robman9 »

What's an egr?
Rob
Tenka 1.6 CVT
qashman

Post by qashman »

Exhaust gas recirculation valve . It reuses burnt gases through the air inlet back into the engine to be burnt again to reduce nox emissions more trouble than its worth
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

qashman wrote:Exhaust gas recirculation valve . It reuses burnt gases through the air inlet back into the engine to be burnt again to reduce nox emissions more trouble than its worth
Judging by what is going on with diesel engines, emission fixings, needing AdBlue, DPF filters, EGR valves, possible town usage charges being implemented, etc and more.
Add to this the smell, the filth, it's looking like Diesel engines are becoming "more trouble than it's worth"
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
duncho

Post by duncho »

qashman wrote:Hi all if your car is surging when the engine temp is warm try disconnecting your egr valve you will get a warning light but it will go out when you plug it back in.the egr is electrical and has a motor made of clogs which takes a second to close completely. I have been running my car with the egr disconnected for months because of this problem , the car is more responsive ,faster and more mpg not much more. Give it a try and let us know how you get on.
What car do you drive? I have experienced the same issue like back in 2014 (1.6dCi hesitation on light throttle).
When the engine is not warmed up enough, while driving it uphill on light throttle it has misfiring symptoms for several hundred meters before it runs normal again. Weird and annoying at the same time. Did you have the same symptoms on yours?
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
jackdaww

Post by jackdaww »

quote --
Judging by what is going on with diesel engines, emission fixings, needing AdBlue, DPF filters, EGR valves, possible town usage charges being implemented, etc and more.
Add to this the smell, the filth, it's looking like Diesel engines are becoming "more trouble than it's worth"[/quote]

ive been saying this for years .
Qashqai acenta 1.2 petrol xtronic jan2016 - flame red - no bells and whistles.

previous , now departed , Primera 2l petrol cvt 2001 147000 faultless miles.
jamiroQQ

Post by jamiroQQ »

I posted a similar thing on here regarding fuel consumption ,hesitation and a chugging feeling while you are accelerating. Our QQ is a 2014 ECO 5 1.6 diesel Tekna CVT. 11,00 miles I said I would post a reply when our car had been into the dealers so here it is.

Rather than just flashing over the software that controls the CVT function ,ECU and presumably most functions on the car. The garage completely REMOVED all the software and re installed from base. The outcome is great. Fuel consumption has gone down (not by a great deal) Gearbox is smoother, feels like another car . It might be in my head but the ride quality also seems to have improved. Whatever you did Nissan it seems so far to have made some improvements. Even my wife commented about the smoothness when she drove it. Now that is a FIRST ! So all you guys out there ,check with you dealers.
A Stocks
duncho

Post by duncho »

Could you please provide reference regarding the dealership which fixed your car (address an contact person) and details about your car (VIN) so that my dealer can ask them for details?

Did you have the same misfiring symptoms while engine is cold and huge lag when accelerating from stand still position?
Thank you!

Raami
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Raami »

Hi all.
I know this is old topic but did this ever get solved?
My car 2012 1.6dci has same kind of hesitation mostly on cold engine when driving morning's first miles.
No fault codes and no warning lights. Filters and all changed.
duncho

Post by duncho »

I still have this problem, but I noticed one thing. When I drive on cold engine in the morning first 1-2 km downhill and after then accelerating on a straight road or uphill misfiring is very intense. When I drive on cold engine right away on a straight road or uphill then there is no misfire. It looks to me like that gentle acceleration and/or braking with cold engine on slightly downhill road, clogs fuel injector nozzles with some carbon debris which causes engine misfiring.