Stop/Start System Failure.

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Toffeeggs

Post by Toffeeggs »

Well after driving the Tekna since May 2014, I now experience the stop/start system failure. This warning appears for no apparent reason on the dash every few days and then will not be evident for a few more days. Now when this failure warning appears I also have the parking warning sensors alerting me that I'm too near the vehicle in front, rear and sides, but no vehicle is near me. Also, when standing at traffic lights, just as I pull away the parking sensors come on for a few seconds then go off. Could it be an ingress of water in the sensors ?
I suppose that there are a few of you out there that have experienced this problem so are there any thoughts on this.
I have booked it in with dealer for Thursday 26th Nov which seems to be the only date available that the technical bloke can have a look at it. (Still only getting around 35/37mpg.)
XTrailQashqaiJuked& nowbacktoQashqaiwithGun Metal1.6Teknacvt

Davo

Post by Davo »

Well I have had the same problem with my QQ on and off with the stop start and parking warning sensors coming on and off for no reason , the same as you have described . The dealership said all was working ok with the stop/start when they investigated , but seeing this is an intermittent problem I,m not surprised they say all is working ok. I have taken photos on my phone to show the dealership in the past of the STOP/START SYSTEM FAULT which shows on the display screen, still no solution . As far as the camera system warnings go, I was told this problem was sorted when an update was done on the car last year , but surprise surprise the annoying alarm still comes on for no reason at all when I move off and no vehicles or objects anywhere near me , change up in to 2nd gear and the alarm goes straight off.
Can't spend anymore time going to the dealer when they can't sort this problem , so going to have to live with it I guess.
Oh by the way I have also had a new engine fitted due to oil loss after only 9000 miles .
Frustrating to say the least .
Davo

Post by 298 »

I had the S/S failure a few times before the battery went kaput. Might be worth checking the voltage after it has been sat for a few days or is hesitant to start.
2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium in Gunmetal Grey.
Qasshhi

Post by Qasshhi »

It's good to see that I'm not imagining this happening to my car however I'm sticking with it, will follow it through to resolution. The Stop/Start fault has been on my car since about 4 months after purchase. It was with my main dealer for 3 days in January - Nissan sent them various patches to try to fix and I collected it thinking all was well. Two days later the problem recurred and it's going back to the dealer next week. It's very annoying, car is relatively new, still under warranty, but essentially defective - since I got it back in January Bluetooth has not worked either but I'm hopeful that a fix is achievable.
almayb

Post by almayb »

The S/S problem solution is the Holy Grail, mine doesn't work even when the system failure warning is not showing . I have noticed that for a split second when I stop the engine the S/S " system on" lights up, but back to system failure when I start car?
64 plate 1.5 tekna - Bronze.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Not having mine unti, next week, I presume you can turn it off manually ?
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
almayb

Post by almayb »

You can press a button to turn off but it automatically comes back on when you start car. Also the fault happens even when you have turned it off!!
64 plate 1.5 tekna - Bronze.
Iandee

Post by Iandee »

I disagree. It was one of my main wishes. I've ridden in Mercs , Audi and they had stop starts that worked even after a few miles from cold. I presume the battery was of a more 'robust' type. As far as I'm aware there was no 'advice' that the Qashqai had these limitations. If so I wouldn't have got it. Surely there should be options to have a more beefy battery :(
Ian Dee
1.2 petrol manual Acenta Premium Dig-T Reg May 2014, Magnetic Red. bought Feb 2015.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Iandee wrote:I disagree. It was one of my main wishes. I've ridden in Mercs , Audi and they had stop starts that worked even after a few miles from cold. I presume the battery was of a more 'robust' type. As far as I'm aware there was no 'advice' that the Qashqai had these limitations. If so I wouldn't have got it. Surely there should be options to have a more beefy battery :(
I suppose there is if you want to buy one yourself, but then maybe the cars software would need to be changed to allow for a more heavy duty battery, as it may just think the battery was overcharged and let it run down to the parameters that the OEM battery employs, thus negating the extra performance you had paid for.
robman9

Post by robman9 »

Today my car was diagnosed with foot Matt syndrome. It apparently got stuck up under the pedals and caused the stop start failure.

Please note my dealer has said this is extremely common fault and the first thing they have to do is charge the battery for 12 hours. Then and only then can they connect the car to the consult device to check error codes as well as having reports for the battery twelve hours apart. they checked the voltage across my battery at the start only under my insistence and it was charged 75%.

Anyway the fault codes shown P0226 and P1655 lead them to believe the throttle assembly had a fault. Later they blamed my mat. The mat under pedals isn't warranty covered, so I said looking at £60 bill for the mat being moved that if they can replicate the fault I will pay up. Needless to say they waived the bill

I must note that they forgot to charge the car our the first night they had it and this isn't the first time we have had a S/s fault. I'm going to ask the wife what paperwork she got last time and see if error codes are present.

If you have S/s fault make sure your car has had a good run to ensure a fully charged battery and your mats aren't near the pedals or hey might try to sting you for non warranty work. If anyone has a similar e penitence or comments please let me know

Between the fault showing and our eventual trip to he dealer were about 4 weeks give or take. So battery check only checks current battery status not what it was when the fault occurred.
Rob
Tenka 1.6 CVT