new 1.2 Dig-t turbo pertol engine

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
jsajeba

Post by jsajeba »

Hi...Does any body know what the new 1.2 Dig-t turbo pertol engine is? if also Renault or Nissan?Thanks

korky

Post by korky »

Don't quote me but think its Nissans attempt at a low engine turbo petrol engine and not Reno.

Think the 1.5dci is a Reno engine with a bit of nissan tweaking
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Formerly when Renault and Nissan joined forces, Nissan used to build and design their own petrol engines, but used Renault derv engines, and shared platforms.However I have been doing some digging onto this tonight and spotted in the 2014 brochure that the engine code for the 1.2DIG-T did not follow Nissans previous engine code (such as CA13DE, SR20DE, QG15DE, HR12DDR...) The engine code for the 1.2DIG-T engine is H5FT which if you google points straight back to a Renault!Further research shows that this Renault "H" engine is actually a joint design and built engine that was created in 2012 and fitted to quite a wide range of Renault and Dacia cars.What I didn't realise is that the 1.2DIG-S engine that's found in the Micra and Note is also a joint engine between the 2 companies, however Nissan gave it their own engine code and Renault gave it their own. It appears they were lazy in this case. Originaly when I bought the 1.2 DIGS Micra, I was under the impression that it was a Nissan engine, and not a joint venture.There is also the MR16DDT is also a Renault Nissan engine. This is currently in the Juke (that I know of...), however I highly suspect this will be the engine used in the up and coming 2014 QQ 1.6 turbo petrol engine.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Just seen in the hand book that the 1.2 may have the engine code HRA2DDT but google does not return any results!It also shows the MT20DD engine, a 2.0 N/A petrol engine, and no mention of a potential 1.6 Turbo engine.....