steering squeak when its cold

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Mine suffered fro this occasional steering squeek during its first winter. Just left it alone as it was only occasional and had no issues in the next two and a half years.

zenthi

Post by zenthi »

Yes we have this problem, only happens in the colder months, so not currently squeaking. I took it to Nissan early last year and they told me there wasn't anything wrong with it. I am also adding it to my list of issues/annoyances the car has that Nissan say aren't a problem!
1.2 Qashqai Acenta Premium 2014 model (July) || Bought in April 2015, 2nd hand from Nissan dealership
almayb

Post by almayb »

Mine going in on Friday to have shock top mount bearings replaced under warranty for this problem but I doubt that's what is causing the noise in cold weather... we will see?
64 plate 1.5 tekna - Bronze.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

This subject keeps getting longer and I do not want to be boring, but our Dealer changed this "Seat Rubber Front Spring" and the noise has never returned and it is a little colder here in the winter than in the U.K. for instance. I believe this was internal information on a part modification through the Dealers, why not just take a copy of my sketch and just ask your Dealer - only trying to help Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Does anyone have a copy of the service bulletin that outlines this fix, or know its number, please? My dealer is "unable to find any reference to it".
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Houndie, I am a bit surprised your Dealer cannot find this item, I never saw a Service Bulletin I just asked the Store Guy to give me the facts. The No. is #54034-4AE1A which was installed on our QQ and still no noises. Again guaranteed there is no Service Bulletin or Recall action it is most probably down to know how / knowledge of the Service Technicians.
I have attached my previous diagram and would suggest taking a copy and approach you Dealer - I hope this helps Dave :)

IMG_2262.PNG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Billgo

Post by Billgo »

I had this mod done last December, the part used was 540344EA1A.
2014 QQ 1.5 Dci.
2019 QQ 1.3 Petrol. Manual
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Thanks guys, I already knew the part number etc and showed them Dave's diagram and a list of the parts that would need replacing, but they said that as they couldn't replicate the problem (being cold or wet) they couldn't do anything (I wanted to get it done before colder weather sets in). They claimed to be unable to find a technical bulletin, but that's dealers for you, especially this one.

However a certain learned gentleman from Eastern Europe has e-mailed me with the info I need (there IS in fact a tech bulletin about this problem), so many thanks to him - happy days.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
TeknaTom
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by TeknaTom »

Hound wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:29 am Thanks guys, I already knew the part number etc and showed them Dave's diagram and a list of the parts that would need replacing, but they said that as they couldn't replicate the problem (being cold or wet) they couldn't do anything (I wanted to get it done before colder weather sets in). They claimed to be unable to find a technical bulletin, but that's dealers for you, especially this one.

However a certain learned gentleman from Eastern Europe has e-mailed me with the info I need (there IS in fact a tech bulletin about this problem), so many thanks to him - happy days.
Hi Hound, any chance you still have this tech bulletin laying around and could possibly email this to me? I want to take my car to my dealer today as my warranty runs out in April and would like to get it sorted ASAP.

Tom 😊
Phil Doherty
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Phil Doherty »

Mine is making the grinding noise. It appears more when it has been raining. I went for a drive and parked it in a multi storey car park so it was nice and dry. Got back in and it was fine. Left it out in the rain again and the noise returned.