steering squeak when its cold

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

TeknaTom wrote:Hi Hound, any chance you still have this tech bulletin laying around and could possibly email this to me? I want to take my car to my dealer today as my warranty runs out in April and would like to get it sorted ASAP.
I e-mailed you with this info on Jan 23rd but you haven't picked it up...
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic

Danielson
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Danielson »

Hound wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:29 am Thanks guys, I already knew the part number etc and showed them Dave's diagram and a list of the parts that would need replacing, but they said that as they couldn't replicate the problem (being cold or wet) they couldn't do anything (I wanted to get it done before colder weather sets in). They claimed to be unable to find a technical bulletin, but that's dealers for you, especially this one.

However a certain learned gentleman from Eastern Europe has e-mailed me with the info I need (there IS in fact a tech bulletin about this problem), so many thanks to him - happy days.
Hello Hound,
Issues just popped up on my 2015 QQ.
Please could I kindly ask for you to send me the technical bulletin as well?

Would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
2015 Qashqai 1.5 DCi N-Tec+
Terry64
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Terry64 »

Paul L wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:58 pm I've only had my J11 for three weeks, and noticed the steering noise.
Got booked into Bristol Street Motors Nissan dealer in Derby.
Took it in today to have it looked at.
They said they lubricated the bottom part of the steering column, and it would fix the noise.
I got in the car and turned the steering from lock to lock and the noise had gone.
When I got home I noticed the noise was back!
Took it back to the garage and had the head technician listen to the noise.
He confirmed it's the suspension bush that is dry, and is going to book it in to have the bushes replaced.

While I was there the bracket recall work was done also.
Just had mine in for same problem I got the same fix lubricated the bottom part of steering, yes it was gone but after a few days it is starting to rear its head again.

Does any one have a copy of this bulletin regarding this problem so I can go back armed with both the diagram and the bulletin,it would help prevent doing many repeat until they get it right.

They also fixed a rattle coming from front passenger side but would not say what the cause was just that they have fixed it, and they have
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights
duncho

Post by duncho »

Nissan dealer replaced the front suspension bushing in one of the campaigns, but after a while when noise came back again I permanently fixed this by applying special "wax like" grease which applied in between the damper and the bushing. That solved this creaking like noise for good ;)

Link to the grease used: Liqui Moly, LM 4084 Smeerfilm Spray 400 ml https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001CZSGTO/ ... UAbZBRFKYG
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
ANDYMCLEMAN

Post by ANDYMCLEMAN »

When you say between the damper and the bushing do yo mean the strut and the top bush or lower bushes