Gear stick moving

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Does anyone else have a gear stick that moves slightly when they accelerate straight after changing gear ?
It seems to happen mainly in 3rd gear.

I have never had this on any other vehicle I have driven (mainly VWs).

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I have a CVT box so I don't get this happening, but I have read several similar questions from manual gearbox stirrers and I am sure the consensus of opinion was that slight movement is a normal occurrence.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

It is normal. Amount of movement may increase over the years. How old is yours and how much movement are we talking about?
Deleted User 2899

OK thanks for the reply. Only wife's Skoda Octavia the gears are really sold and just clunk into place with no juddering or freeplay in the stick.

On my QQ I can move the stick quite a bit whilst its in gear so its quite sloppy really. I have had the vehicle 9 months now and still not got used to it.
Deleted User 2899

gvmdaddy wrote:It is normal. Amount of movement may increase over the years. How old is yours and how much movement are we talking about?
Car is 15 months old. The movement on acceleration is probably only 5-10mm so not really terrible but its just that I haven't come across this before when driving.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Still sounds OK to me.
Brill

Post by Brill »

Gear box, linkage, engine are all on rubber mounts. When you accelerate the thrust will move them all about. On some cars the gear lever assembly is very firmly fixed and any movement is lost in flexible linkages. But there will always be movement somewhere. Most people are looking at the road when they accelerate !!
1.6 DCI CVT Acenta Premium September 2014
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

Not noticed it in this car, but not been looking. I have certainly noticed in previous cars of different makes and the reason is as has been posted above.
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
iceman GR

Post by iceman GR »

Qashqai 1,5, Acenta Premium, Black, Chrome Premium Pack, Side Chrome, Roof Rails (11/2014) SOLD 1/2017
Deleted User 2899

iceman GR wrote:Already discussed
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2442&hilit=Gear+stick
Thanks. Puts my mind at ease although it's still annoying.