Horn?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Chortes

Post by Chortes »

Hi all,This may sound like a really stupid question but I've not road tested the QQ so have absolutely no idea about the basics, like.... what does the horn sound like?No sure if it's just me, a man thing or a general concensus, but I like a good sounding twin tone deeper blast from a car horn so that people can hear it.I pulled out a junction last week and a car came around the corner too fast flashing his lighs and leaning on his horn.... it sounded like a tin can with a pea rattling around in side, in fact I wondered what it was and it wasn't until I looked in my rear view that I saw the guy flashing his lights and the tin can noise....
Really?

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

If its not up to standards try this?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24V-12V-TRIPL ... 2335b8b111
Chortes

Post by Chortes »

That'll do nicely, thanks Donkey
Really?
cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

do they come with a lighthouse
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just a comment with regard to the Nissan Horns but please note this is JUKE related.
Ever since the Juke was new we had a problem with the "Weep Weep" Horn sound, way too quite. So whilst we were in the US last year we bought a pair of Hella Horns.They are totally plug and play, very solid in build quality, look good and yes they are way louder than the Std Horns. To be more specific the Std. "Weep Weep" is now replaced by a louder "Beep Beep" sound and could be annoying but for safety reasons you are at least now heard. I was advised to use dielectric grease on the connections to avoid corrosion especially during the winter period. When I installed them most of the installation was straight forward, releasing the top of the Grill, removing the Horns etc. I also pre-made up 4 wire extension leads about 10cms long to allow ease of wiring as it is plug-n-play but the Std. wires were just too short.
I have already discussed this point with our Nissan Dealer regarding the Qashqai when we order, hope this helps - Dave

Apparently these Horns go down big with Sabura Owners, this is what they sound like :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XLULsqTIpA

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
shelly66

Post by shelly66 »

to be honest the horn on the qq is very pathetic,think I will be to embaressed to use it. considering the car is quite masculine looking the two just dont go together.but just dont use it and you will be fineShelly
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Shelley66, I could not agree with you more. Since I installed these Horns I have had to use them twice and in both instances the people jumped. Here also Horns can only be used as a Warning. For the price they are a pretty cheap and worthwhile addition - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Have to say I beeped when I pulled on to a friends drive recently...then got out knocked on the door and denied it was me that beeped.....sounds like a fart in a tin can...Embarrassing
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
RedfordRover

Post by RedfordRover »

Couldn't find a replacement horn so I changed the car.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Just as well I read this post and wife didnt see itshe did ask for a pink one as it goes- if shed of got it would of been the lowest mileage QQ for sale in 3 years