Diesel DPF Issues

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
ivelina

Post by ivelina »

Thanks, AlleyCat - I am waiting to hear from them about my "case" filed yesterday, so giving them the 48 hours that they said it would take up to. So no, I have not mentioned it yet but surely will (if they insist that I should have paid for it)! But the statement was made in 2011, so not sure if Nissan would stand behind it.
New Qashqai, 1.6 DCI Tekna, registered March 2014, 22500 miles on the clock

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

The DPF issue obviously concerns many; it would be a great benefit if the car's s/ware could be updated so driver could see the state/condition of their DPF unit, before issues arise. If getting "saturated", driver would then know he needs to get in some M/Way driving to give it a blast.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

There is a later thread on here that discuses this as related to the technology on the latest QQ which dispels a few myths, will see if it jumps out at me and post back
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Search for the post Forced Regeneration on dci units.
The latter threads make for interesting reading and should hopefully clear up a few myths.

gvmdaddy2015-02-08 09:58:14
niphotos

Post by niphotos »

We had a 1.5 dci 2010 QQ , at 76,000 miles we had the timing belt changed and we never had any probs as regard this filter , the wife drives approx 100 miles per day at over 50 mph , so maybe this is what kept it ok , if that car had the filter fitted ?
1.5 DCI Accenta Premium Gun metal grey
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="gvmdaddy"]Search for the post Forced Regeneration on dci units.The latter threads make for interesting reading and should hopefully clear up a few myths.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for pointing it out - it is important reading for anyone with a later QQ. I guess the very nature of a Forum means that such myths (older tech related) will always crop up to scare us especially as they are usually delivered with a deep knowledge of the subject. Probably borne out of experience.
PeterL2015-02-08 10:06:58
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
vanginger

Post by vanginger »

Mine is an older QQ, 72,000mile, 57 plate 2.0DCi but there's no thread in the J10 section.My DPF light came on last year and after a 20min blast, it went off.It came on again this week on the 15 mile drive to work (30mph ish) and then on the way home the engine management light came on. Also the cruise control light flashes if i try activate it. I took it for a 40min drive at 70mph, >2000 revs (although it is automatic, I had to manually choose 4th/5th to keep it above) and I did have to turn around on a roundabout half way thru. No change in the lights.Is it past the stage of regenerating by driving it hard? If I do it late at night or early morning, I can do a longer run at 70/high revs. But as the engine management light is on, I am worried I will drive 50 miles away and then get stuck in limp home mode or block the filter up more.If I have to go to the garage, are ultrasonic cleanings recommended? Do I have to go to Nissan for a proper regeneration? Can i buy a new DPF (there's a parts company locally selling them for <£200), get it fitted at the local exhaust garage and clear the ECU with Torque on my android phone?Any help greatly appreciated, not sure if/how far I should drive it at the mo!Cheers
RDHJP

Post by RDHJP »

Honest John was asked: Does the Nissan Qashqai suffer DPF problems?answer: http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answe ... -problems-
RDHJP
Tekna 1.6dci 4x4
markspiteri

Post by markspiteri »

I have a Qashqai bought locally from agent in 2011 (June)I decided to travel with it to Italy with my family and after 29km in the highway , the vehicle stopped. Apart from the horrible experience which ruined my holiday, this costed me due to towing expenses..... and renting of another vehicle.The Nissan dealership in Siracusa could not solve my problem due to lack of parts.... I expected them to offer some kind of modicifaction to enable me to continue my holiday but they did not complyI am terribly let down with this vehicle , which has only 20km on the clock......... question is do I have to change the DPF or can it be regenerated?
markspiteri

Post by markspiteri »

Himine just got blocked ( first warning) and car halted.Where do you find this that Nissan will do first one free?Mark