FIAMM Battery 6 months old

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
duncho

Post by duncho »

Too many lemons :)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

iceman GR

Post by iceman GR »

lemon cars or lemon batteries?
Shouldn't they just replace them asap - no questions asked?
Qashqai 1,5, Acenta Premium, Black, Chrome Premium Pack, Side Chrome, Roof Rails (11/2014) SOLD 1/2017
almayb

Post by almayb »

Been jump starting car for a week now, but now Nissan have taken case up because I got in touch through facebook. Been given a case manager (Layla) who has been very helpful. RAC just taken car to dealership to sort problem's (battery),Nissan told me not to let RAC jump it because that will wipe the error codes and then they will not be able to change battery. The dealership ( 24 miles away ) originally said they could not look at car until 7th march, so I hope they have a cancellation ? Nissan have sorted me a hire car for three days !!!
Just wait now to see what the problem is and how soon I will get the car back ???
I will update when & if !!
64 plate 1.5 tekna - Bronze.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

At a slight tangent - Lookers in Chester are hopeless. When my air pressure sensor failed and threw up a warning on the dash they couldn't even look at the car for almost a month. I called Greenhous Nissan in Shrewsbury who gave me an appointment in 48 hours, confirmed the problem, ordered the part and fitted it the following week.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
almayb

Post by almayb »

I'm not holding my breath.
xgsjx

Post by xgsjx »

I had the battery problem last month. Had the RAC come out twice & then called Nissan to let them know it was coming in & to give me a courtesy car until it was fixed.
I'd be doing the same with the Chester branch btw. Phone Nissan & tell them that the battery is dead & they should keep you mobile via a courtesy car (you can't be waiting for the rac to jump your car every time you go somewhere).

One thing I'll say about Nissan, is that their customer care is superb. If only they'd stick a decent engine in the QQ! :)
keithg2308

Post by keithg2308 »

I had a problem with mine within 3mths from new (14 plate tekna1.5d) my Nissan dealer replaced the battery under warranty, however when they removed the battery they actually found the battery was leaking from the base and had caused slight corrosion the the battery tray.
keith
almayb

Post by almayb »

Dealership phoned to say that they charged battery & it seems fine . However the diagnostic reading shows a glow plug fault which they think is causing them to drain the battery over night?? They have ordered new ones which should arrive Friday !!!
I have heard this somewhere on another post ? I told them I still think the battery is duff as the RAC says, but they won't have it!!!
almayb

Post by almayb »

Davefc wrote:I took the car into the dealer on the 15th as agreed. They informed me this morning the battery was fine, but on the drain test was showing that the glowplugs were causing the problem.
They had ordered some new plugs which would not be there until Wednesday.
Any thoughts please?

Have the new Glow plugs solved the battery problem?
Davefc

Post by Davefc »

Hi Update on the Battery issue. After it went in for 3 days (they didn't have the glowplugs in stock). It has started perfectly even through the temperature has dropped in UK this last week. The other thing I have noticed having been a 2 x 30-mile trips is that the Stop/Start has been working. Whereas before even after an 80-mile trip it didn't work. Perhaps and this is just a guess that there could be a sign of an issue when the Stop/Start doest work as well as you think it should?
Dave
Nissan Qashqai Tekna 2015 1.6 Tci Panoramic roof, Sat Nav, Cruise Control, Climate Control, Leather Trim, Electric Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Reversing Sensors Front and Rear, Electric Seats, DAB Radio, 19" Alloy Wheels, Reverse Parking Camera