FIAMM Battery 6 months old

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Davefc

Post by Davefc »

Came out to start car yesterday and all I got was the dash lights flashing and a clicking sound. Needed to go out, so went in wife's car. Upon return thought flat battery i'll charge. Wait i said why should I? Decided to call RAC out as i have it under terms of new car. They duly arrived and said yes battery, was only showing 6v and according to his test machine was condemned.
Glad i did learnt a few things about batteries and charging or jump starting. I will speak with the dealer on Monday anyone else had issues with this battery FIAmm L3 EFB 24410 5533R?
A little worrying when the car only 6 months old and nothing left on (to my knowledge).
Nissan Qashqai Tekna 2015 1.6 Tci Panoramic roof, Sat Nav, Cruise Control, Climate Control, Leather Trim, Electric Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Reversing Sensors Front and Rear, Electric Seats, DAB Radio, 19" Alloy Wheels, Reverse Parking Camera

F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

This is quite well documented and has happened to a number of owners. Our car was delivered with a faulty battery and failed to start next morning. Same symptoms as you describe. Car was taken back to dealer and new battery fitted under warranty. Th new battery is a different make and no further problems over the last 18 month.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

As per Bob.
Common issue.
I'm interested in what the RAC have done after condemning the battery.
They did the same with mine but after a "jump" i took it straight to the dealer to get sorted.
In your case it would appear you haven't / could not do that?

The dealer has to do a test on the battery (takes about an hour) before they will be prepared to swap it as it has to be proven defective to be "reclaimed" from the manufacturer.

One of the cells on mine was defective (number 3 i think).
Nissan no more...
Wolf97

Post by Wolf97 »

All as above replies, new battery fitted by dealer no problems since, touch wood
65 plate Tekna 1.5 diesel in Storm White
Davefc

Post by Davefc »

Thanks for all the responses. Going into dealer (2 weeks time) and they will test etc before deciding on what to do.
Nissan Qashqai Tekna 2015 1.6 Tci Panoramic roof, Sat Nav, Cruise Control, Climate Control, Leather Trim, Electric Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Reversing Sensors Front and Rear, Electric Seats, DAB Radio, 19" Alloy Wheels, Reverse Parking Camera
colpac

Post by colpac »

This happened to mine the other day only the RAC swapped it as my car is on mobility and they dont need to take it to the dealer to be tested. Mine had 2 dead cells.
Davefc

Post by Davefc »

I took the car into the dealer on the 15th as agreed. They informed me this morning the battery was fine, but on the drain test was showing that the glowplugs were causing the problem.
They had ordered some new plugs which would not be there until Wednesday.
Any thoughts please?
rolledstone

Post by rolledstone »

My car failed to start a few weeks ago, but been having stop/start faults and other various system faults before this. RAC called out and was informed the battery was faulty. Took it to dealer who had car for three days. They replaced battery under warranty and since then, the car has been fine with no system faults. I'm driving a 14 plate tekna.
2014 Qashqai Tekna
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Davefc wrote:I took the car into the dealer on the 15th as agreed. They informed me this morning the battery was fine, but on the drain test was showing that the glowplugs were causing the problem.
They had ordered some new plugs which would not be there until Wednesday.
Any thoughts please?
That's interesting. Especially since the glow plugs should not be getting power unless the ignition was on and then for a short while after the engine has been started from cold. So I suspect a faulty glow plug control mechanism rather than the glow plugs themselves.

Dealers are great at baffling with bullshit.
almayb

Post by almayb »

Started car yesterday 15th & got chassis fault. Then car would not restart just clicking so I called RAC who jumped it & said he had been out to quashqi with same problem the night before!!!
He said battery was only just alive ( FIAMM 24410 5533R) & go to dealers ASAP as it needs sorting. I took car for a good run but this morning it was dead again. My usual dealer has closed down & now it's a 44 mile round trip & when I rang them today (lookers Chester) they can't see car until March 7th !!!!
Start/ stop not worked for weeks, keyless door button not worked at times recently & key not recognised at times although in pocket sat in drivers seat. RAC man convinced something is draining battery while shut down & locked or control unit for battery faulty???
64 plate 1.5 tekna - Bronze.