Any mod to rear aircon like Qashqai in Russia ?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

Would appreciate any link to getting the rear console part or alternative to mod rear aircon for our qashqai in sunny Singapore instead of Russia :D . Idea is to divert rarely use aircon mode with foot air distribution to control. Tks !!!

2016-02-19 11.35.02.png

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Richard, the Guys that might well obtain this information for you are "Duncho" and "Black_Rojer". I am sure if they read this post and can help they will let you know - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

One of the few disappointments in my opinion regarding the J11 QQ. Even our soon to go 10 year old Octavia has this as well as cooling in the centre console box and glovebox.
It would have been better to do away with the auto parking system as no one I know actually uses it and saved that money for more useful features, such one as above.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

Jon, indeed but russian got it right then ..but perhaps for heated air :)

Dave, gotcha and thanks. Will await Daniel a.k.a. Duncho who I had the pleasure of contacting and helped on the disable stopstop module brilliantly as well as any advice from Black_Rojer ..with appreciation :)
Alvarez

Post by Alvarez »

X-Trail module shall fit
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

Alvarez,

thanks !! Will check it out and update according.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

jonceebee wrote:One of the few disappointments in my opinion regarding the J11 QQ. Even our soon to go 10 year old Octavia has this as well as cooling in the centre console box and glovebox.
It would have been better to do away with the auto parking system as no one I know actually uses it and saved that money for more useful features, such one as above.
Jon
did you notice on Infiniti you looked at, if this has rear vents??
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Gel, when Jon raised his Post on the "Infiniti Q39" which he is interested in I got a bit "Nosey" as I was interested in the QX30, so I downloaded some facts on the Q30. To answer the question on Jon take a look at the following which I had to hand :
1. It appears that the SE Model has only - Single Zone Manual Air Con.
2. The Premium Model > Sport .... Appears to have - Automatic Air Con with Dual Zone Climate Control and Rear Vent Centre Console.
Jon, if I have jumped in and are wrong please tell me - Dave ;)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

My guess trying to retro fit something like this is going to be a big job. Centre console will need to be replaced with one with vents AND pipework. No idea if there are other tweaks under there to make it fit.

Then there is plumbing it into the vent system. May need to replace at least part of the vent system with one which will let you tap in.

Then there is the controls. Can these vents be controlled from the front drivers panel? IF so there will be electrical changes and a new climate control unit needing to be fitted.

Getting these parts will be quite costly.
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

SplanK wrote:My guess trying to retro fit something like this is going to be a big job. Centre console will need to be replaced with one with vents AND pipework. No idea if there are other tweaks under there to make it fit.

Then there is plumbing it into the vent system. May need to replace at least part of the vent system with one which will let you tap in.

Then there is the controls. Can these vents be controlled from the front drivers panel? IF so there will be electrical changes and a new climate control unit needing to be fitted.

Getting these parts will be quite costly.
Hey SplanK, Indeed the mechanical work of relaying and redirecting the cold air will be major but the idea is to use the foot cooling ....hence the control becomes a non-issue.

Just change the aircon mode to direct the foot cold air .....make sense ?
Last edited by richard_crl032 on Thu May 12, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.