So what are the options for safety camera database

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Did it make an audible sound or just show up on the screen?
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014

TC3

Post by TC3 »

I have not got anything about traffic warnings but then again only used sat nav for a journey once. Thursday am in South London area so will see if anything comes up while following a route. Only thing I can see regarding traffic is when I go into menu and manually select to see any congestion in area in a list formatGoing to hold off adding any mobile camera alerts for now.
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

[quote="TC3So I went out of my way to drive past a mobile camera area, a fixed speed camera and a fixed red light camera.[/QUOTE]shouldnt laugh or tempt fate mate but if that trip results in a little letter with a red box wouldnt it be funnyStating you went looking for a speed camera to test it out and overlooked the mobile one in your rush to test itThe technology needed to detect mobile cameras would be a lot to ask in built in car to be fair, but cheers for testing it out, were getting used to having a mobile reviewer and tester Any excuse to go fire up the QQ

Donkey2014-03-25 14:56:00
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Installing Pocket GPS database on Nissan Connect:New owner here who used to d/load the Pocket GPS to my old Tom Tom directly via PC.You helpfully advise you have to d/load database onto USB for the Nissan Connect system; the d/load is in zip format, so do you unzip & load onto USB stick ? Do you also have to do something with car POI settings which I came across on settings on the Connect system?Saw another post that they had dupe warnings with Nissan cameras, but also see they've now made chargeable, so hopefully shouldn't have that grief; hopefully can get to make alert sound too TksNissan Connect SD CardThere seem to be warnings about putting SD card in any other device; I was intending to back up; anyone done that; seemed wise precaution?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

There is comprehensive instructions on the Pocket GPS site on making folders for the USB to suit your Nissan Connect system. Just unzip and transfer to the folders that you created on the USB stick.When you insert the USB stick it will ask if you want to load or over right the existing data base, agree to this and then ensure that you have enabled My POI's. Next time you download it will over right the earlier ones, it does not effect the camera warnings that are already on the SD card from Nissan.The only annoying thing you will find is you will get double warnings from all the fixed cameras, I downloaded all the PocketGPS data into Excel and deleted all the Gatso and Truvelo cameras, this just leaves the Nissan ones to beep , but as Nissan does not have mobile cameras etc. make sure you leave these alone. Regarding the SD card, don't waste your time taking out and trying to copy. It is fully encrypted and cannot be read by a PC, so no back up this way is possible
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Many thanks for advice.My Win 8.1 Dell enables me to see SD card content, so I'll leave backup running. Very slow; estimate at just under 2 hours.Car arrived 20th, but latest file content on Nissan SD is Oct 2013, so they're not committedto making data up to date it seemsShould have been 2 months old at best in my opinion for UK produced car.I saw somewhere else that Nissan don't include camera warnings for free anymore, so maybeI won't have the problem with duplicate warnings
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
ippopy

Post by ippopy »

[quote="jonceebee"] ...The only annoying thing you will find is you will get double warnings from all the fixed cameras, I downloaded all the PocketGPS data into Excel and deleted all the Gatso and Truvelo cameras, this just leaves the Nissan ones to beep , but as Nissan does not have mobile cameras etc. make sure you leave these alone. [/QUOTE]
Actually
this is my problem nowa€¦.mobile cameras that is. I have downloaded PocketGPS
data and is beeping everywhere close to bridges, parking's etc. and make me not
pay attention to alerts anymore. There is an option when you download file if
you want file with or without mobile camera but doesn't seems to work.

I will try
to get to that excel file and delete all mobile alerts. It drives me nuts!!!
ratty87

Post by ratty87 »

Jonceebee,How is the information from pocketgpsworld shown on the screen. I have followed the instructions shown on their site and it has downloaded onto my system. However when I am driving along there is a beep but nothing is shown on the screen. I ask this because I used to have pocketgps on my previous QQ and it showed a label giving info on each speed camera.
Qashqai Tekna 1.2DIG-T in Ink Blue, Premium Chrome, Spare Wheel, Textile Mats, Mud Flaps, Sport Pedals.
kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

Aslo recommend Pocketgpsworld, probably the best database available here & you have the choice to download UK only or other countries as well (ones it is legal to use them anyway)
Cafe Latte 2010 1.5 n-tec. then 2013 Black 1.5 360+2
BournemouthQQ

Post by BournemouthQQ »

So are we saying that early models dont have speed cameras on (mine certainly doesn't) and that more recent builds have?
Black 1.2 Dig-T