Anyone tried this

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
jukester46

Post by jukester46 »

just wondering if anyone has used this and can I apply it by hand onto the Storm White http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/mobile/Pr ... de=WETMRRR .jukester462014-03-24 22:39:05

smithy12

Post by smithy12 »

Hi , Like you I will be getting a Storm White QQ and contacted my supplier of car detailing products and this was his reply.....hope this helpsgiven the colour of your car, I would personally choose a synthetic sealant as opposed to a wax, simply because the finish will be sharper and more reflective, and more durable too. The product of choice for light metallic and pearlescent finishes is the Werkstat Acrylic Kit; this offers excellent durability (typically six months per full system application), is ridiculously easy to apply and buff off, and leaves a truly stunning high gloss finish that really brings metallic and pearlescent flakes to life...1 x http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog ... -cat1.html (see the Play Video tab to watch our in-house demo video and a visual overview of the finish this kit produces)Note that the idea with this system is to do a full application at the outset (Prime > Jett x 2 > Glos) and then top up the finish with occasional coats of Jett (I'd aim to pop a fresh one on every 3 months or so) and regular coats of Glos (I'd use the Glos after each wash). Both products are quick and easy to work with, meaning that topping up is never a chore (which is always welcome on a larger car like a Qashqai). I hope this helps, but if you have any questions please don't hesitate to fire away!
stephen160

Post by stephen160 »

have a look at www.glare.com steve
First ever Nissan and have ordered a Qashqui Tekna iCVT in Blue. www.bookmyvilla.com owner
Moocow

Post by Moocow »

Not that one in particular - but I can thoroughly recommend Chemical Guys Blacklight Hybrid for Storm White.Just simply the easiest and glossiest product I have used (I have an EXTENSIVE amount of detailing gear - waxes, cleaners, clays, polishes, DA machine etc). Not yet done our QQ as it's still fairly clean being only a week or so old, but my Ducati is nigh on identical colour and looks stunning when done in this.It's friendly to black plastic trim (doesn't leave that chalky look when dried and wiped off), works in direct sunlight, it's easy to apply as spreads really well and best, it's very easy to remove with a microfibre leaving a lovely shine in one step. Also doesn't leave plastics static (attracts dust as soon as you finish) It also has the same effect on my black Civic and my previous bike which was a deep red. Now my go to product instead of a polish and wax.
duncho

Post by duncho »

I used SONAX NANO sealant and only can highly recommend this is the link to the one I bought and here is the video showing how to apply it on the paint.It has similar effect as new NISSAN self-cleaning car paint.

duncho2014-05-06 13:11:22
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!