Tekna help

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Daz8172

Post by Daz8172 »

A few months ago I was driving on the motorway in cruise control and I saw something new on my dashboard ( where the speed usually is ) It tells you the distance you are between you and the car in front ( for example 1000yards etc ) Now, considering it was the last thing I remember when it was working I have tried different things to get it to work again but cannot. Can anyone tell me how to get it working it is very good at keep your distances from vehicles ahead of you?
Nissan Qashqai, 1.6 dig-t 163, Gun Metal, Tekna, Pan sunroof, Spare wheel,

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I'm sure it's while you were following a route on your satnav, and it is the distance until your next voice/direction command.
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

It's the satnav
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Yes I noticed that mine can now do this since the garage updated the software to D203 (from D24 I think it was).

I find it really useful to know this info when I am following a route. If you have not got a route planned then it shows the Compass screen instead.
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

How do you activate this new feature?
On our previous car, the sat nav would always tell me what type of instruction was next in the queue e.g. "roundabout in 10 miles" or "left turn in 3 miles" (all by icons, not spoken!) - same with a TomTom
With the QQ I can only get the distance to the next instruction until it's imminent when it changes to the type of instruction. However, once when my wife was driving she managed to get the "repeated" display in between the dials to show the type of instruction from miles away. We've never been able to get this again, she doesn't know how it came up and there's no mention of this option anywhere in the manual.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Beardyman wrote:How do you activate this new feature?
On our previous car, the sat nav would always tell me what type of instruction was next in the queue e.g. "roundabout in 10 miles" or "left turn in 3 miles" (all by icons, not spoken!) - same with a TomTom
With the QQ I can only get the distance to the next instruction until it's imminent when it changes to the type of instruction. However, once when my wife was driving she managed to get the "repeated" display in between the dials to show the type of instruction from miles away. We've never been able to get this again, she doesn't know how it came up and there's no mention of this option anywhere in the manual.
You need to scroll through the centre displays until you see the Compass. If you have a route planned (active) then it will show the distance to the next turning (or whatever) even if its 10 miles away.
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Will try that - makes sense as I've never used the compass "feature"!
Thanks
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

daz8172 hi i have a 2015 tekna xtronic 1.6 diesel IT HAPPENED TO ME on a motorway in spain on cruse controll i saw my car with the car in front on the small screen and arrows showed the distance between us i think it was 47 meters amazed i excellerated to find out and went closer it showed 24 meters between us when i backed off again it showed a greater distance then the other car turned off and spoiled it :. the tecna reads the traffic sighns so to see an other car should be much easer but you are quite correct i havent reproduced it since either but i was bored and playing between tyre pressures and fuel so it may be the compas on cruse as someone said but i dont know?
Brian in spain
brian
Daz8172

Post by Daz8172 »

I am amazed how many answers :) So far the answer is if you have a route set on the sat nav and you are on the motorway and go through the settings on dashboard till you see compass that should change to distances between you and the car in front.

It is a brilliant tool on the Qashqai.

Thanks a lot everyone :)
Nissan Qashqai, 1.6 dig-t 163, Gun Metal, Tekna, Pan sunroof, Spare wheel,
iceman GR

Post by iceman GR »

Is this a Tekna feature only? or part of the Safety Pack?
Will try to reproduce both of these features and report back!
Qashqai 1,5, Acenta Premium, Black, Chrome Premium Pack, Side Chrome, Roof Rails (11/2014) SOLD 1/2017