Disenchanted audio / blind spot / chassis / rear wipe ....

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
D1eam

Post by D1eam »

:shock: I'm so in shock. My nice car has turned into a nightmare. First the radio wasn't working properly then the blind spot was on then off then flashed when i indicated .. The rear wash wipe is leaking so I can't see see from the rear camera grr an to top it all it needs a new axle!!! It's only 9 months only and done 9500 miles so disappointed. On the plus side it's covered by warranty so it's down to Nissan to fix but my the incinvenance it don't bode well for reliability...very disappointed/disappointed
D1eam a little dream of me 😉
1.2 xtronic Tekna gunmetal grey picked up June 26 2015

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

How is the leak on the rear wash/wipe affecting the rear camera?
If your rear camera is dirty then the blind spot warning will malfunction, which includes false warnings either with or without the indicators being on.
What is the problem with tye rear axle?
D1eam

Post by D1eam »

The wash wipe some how is leaking fluid which then covers the rear camera. I' wipe it each morning before setting off but by the time I arrive st my destination it's covered in bubbles again just lucky I'm ok using my wing mirrors. Old fashioned way works for me

As for Axel it's making the most horrendous noise like metal being pulled or rubbing. The garage have checked it out and determined it needs a complete replacement.

Plus they have said the alarm module is faulty do need a new one I'm just waiting on new parts coming in for the jobs to be done

In fairness to my dealership they have been fantastic in support and getting the problems resolved. But having paid £26,000 for a new car I wasn't expecting all these problems so early in its life.
Daz8172

Post by Daz8172 »

The blind spot usually comes on by accident for example when it is very windy it becomes a nightmare.
Nissan Qashqai, 1.6 dig-t 163, Gun Metal, Tekna, Pan sunroof, Spare wheel,
D1eam

Post by D1eam »

Agreed. Or reflections from puddles seems to set it off in the wind. This feature had great potential to aid safe driving but unreality Nop. I think they need to check out Volvos version which is far better