how to adjust windscreen washer jets?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Mocca

Post by Mocca »

How to adjust windscreen washer jets on my qashqai 1.6 digt?

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mocca, could this be the technical way to do it, just use a pin but do not forget the set position will be different when driving - Dave :)

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Mocca

Post by Mocca »

I can not do it with needle, look pictures please.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

They're not adjustable according to the service manual. Check for blockages by removing the nozzles. The owner's manual says if wax blocks the nozzle, a small pin or needle may clear it. If the spray pattern is incorrect the nozzle must be replaced.

wash1.jpg

wash2.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hound, keep all this sort of stuff coming it is worth it's weight in gold, all good Tips to be remembered ! - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Mocca

Post by Mocca »

Thanks
sporttourer

Post by sporttourer »

If you use a thin bladed instrument (e.g. one half of pair of tweezers) you can adjust the angle of the jet up or down.It is a narrow slot, not a hole so a pin wont do. It is a very coarse adjustment so a slight movement will make quite a difference, but i successfully managed to adjust the drivers side jet on our car which was too low.
duncho

Post by duncho »

As per service manual, not adjustable. But there is a way. To align jet washers, pop the bonnet, with a flat blade screwdriver push the tab on the front of the washer jet and prise the jet out the skuttle panel. Now with a flat bladed screwdriver turn the slot on the side of the jet to the required amount either anti clockwise for up or clockwise for down. Re fit and test. Repeat if necessary.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Thanks to sporttourer and duncho for the extra insight, it shows the manual is not necessarily to be believed :)
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
ljmorris
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by ljmorris »

duncho wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:30 pm As per service manual, not adjustable. But there is a way. To align jet washers, pop the bonnet, with a flat blade screwdriver push the tab on the front of the washer jet and prise the jet out the skuttle panel. Now with a flat bladed screwdriver turn the slot on the side of the jet to the required amount either anti clockwise for up or clockwise for down. Re fit and test. Repeat if necessary.
Thanks for tip but be careful with the flat screwdriver. There is a notch at base of washer jet at the back. I thought logically insert blade here and prise out. No this didn't work and I put nasty gouges on surrounding nozzle and panel. I had to insert blade gently underneath front of nozzle and also at the top in the side gap and this dislodged nozzle. Screw adjustment on side of nozzle only up/down, no lateral adjustment.