Qashqai broken into - SD Card stolen

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
wolfie1988

Post by wolfie1988 »

I've trawled the internet for similar instances but found nothing so I thought it may be wise to post a heads up on here....

Last Tuesday night (26th Apr) I parked my car on a street near the Etihad Stadium. It's not the most pleasant of areas but i've not had an issue parking there for the last 10 years or so. When I returned to the car after the game, the window had been smashed and the window trim had been pulled back. There was also glass chips to the back door. The SD card that drives the navigation system had been stolen. Another Qashqai parked further up the street suffered the same and had their SD card stolen too.

This is something that you may want to keep an eye on as the thieves clearly targeted our cars specifically for the card, probably to flog on ebay.

My car is currently being repaired at the garage. Admiral don't seem to want to replace the card so i'm prepared to play hell with them until they do as it is a standard fitting on my 2015 Tekna model.

I've attached a picture of the damage caused.

20160427_125511.jpg

RVW

Post by RVW »

Is nothing sacred nowadays! These low life's want *******
J11-2016 QashQai Tekna 1.5dci Magnetic Red
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

wolfie1988, that is a S_ _ _ thing to happen as these SD cards do not cost the earth against the damage, cost and inconvenience of getting the QQ put right. Just a simple question did the Alarm System function the reason I ask is that NCS / Dealer when asked informed us in Germany there is No Alarm System installed - Just interested Thanks Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
wolfie1988

Post by wolfie1988 »

DaveBerlin wrote:wolfie1988, that is a S_ _ _ thing to happen as these SD cards do not cost the earth against the damage, cost and inconvenience of getting the QQ put right. Just a simple question did the Alarm System function the reason I ask is that NCS / Dealer when asked informed us in Germany there is No Alarm System installed - Just interested Thanks Dave ;)
Hi Dave,

The alarm definitely functioned as everytime i walked passed it last Wednesday, before it was picked up, the alarm sounded
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Sorry to hear that; may need to consider when parking in rogue areas, removing/hiding the SD card.
Small enough to slide into credit card wallet.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

I haven't a different vehicle now but the dealer recommended that the card be removed whenever the car is going to be left for this exact reason.
Can't really see how that would stop someone popping the glass and checking for it though.
Don't really understand the need to damage the trim as pressure on the glass with a screwdriver would have got them what they wanted.

Dave the alarm def worked on my QQ. It was setoff when my dashcam rubber sucker fell off many moons ago.
It was one of the faultless things on my car :lol:
Nissan no more...
ebe163

Post by ebe163 »

I havent tried it, but I wonder if you can clone a copy of of the SD card and keep it for safe keeping? at home
2015 1.6 DIG-T 163 QQ Tekna Pearl White /Premium Pack Chrome /Style Pack Chrome/Cross Over Pack Front & Rear in Pearlescent White/Mirrors Chromed/Bonnet Struts/Wind Deflector Set/Illuminated Side Styling Bars
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Utterly disgraceful. I'm sorry you had to come back to your car and find that. :cry:
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
RobCooke
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by RobCooke »

It happened to me last night, plus at least three other Nissan’s, and funnily enough near the Etihad stadium, I’ve been and had it out with Nissan today, and interestingly found stickers in all the cars on the forecourt saying “no SD Card” mmm, do they know something...

I’ve been informed I’ve got something called Map Care, where Nissan will update/replace SD cards for the first three years at my service intervals, which is a start, but moving forwards, I have suggested that Nissan Motor Company GB should supply Nissan owners a direct replacement of their own registered card (ie. same build date-so not asking for free updates) for little or no money, hopefully letting the fiends/scum bags know that they are not worth nicking...
DD41

Post by DD41 »

All of us as QQ owners are @ risk of this mindless act of vandalism/theft. :roll: Can't see a way round it as long as the QQ has the SD card set up this way it will happen.Removed or not they have to do the damage to find out. :evil: :evil:
Just got 2 catch the little **** once :evil:
19 plate X Trail 1.3 DIG-T DCT Tekna Gun metal grey + led kick plates + footwell lights + Chrome lower boot finsher
16plate 1.2 DigtT cvt Tekna ink blue pan roof chome pack/ protection pack / chrome sill protectors / Nissan mud flaps/Spare wheel