Water on door windows

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
MartyJ

Post by MartyJ »

After its been raining and the outside of the car has dried off when you lower and then raise any of the door windows they are always wet? My old car never had this problem.
Is it a fault ?

Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

How dare you question if it is a fault...it is a product characteristic. No other manufacturer is considerate enough to design in such a feature.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

:lol: :) as Steve mentioned it is just one of those things it is called "Design" - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Just about every car i have ever owned has done this, including my last car a Mini Countryman.
MartyJ wrote:After its been raining and the outside of the car has dried off when you lower and then raise any of the door windows they are always wet? My old car never had this problem.
Is it a fault ?
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

Got to say in the mornings if the windows are misty all previous cars just lower the window and then raise again would clear this. My QQ dosent do to the windows not touching the sides. POOR BUILD QUALITY I feel.
Simmo
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

On my cars open/closing the window wipes the outside and inside, but like a lot of cars they have a felt type material as part of the seal, so it does wipe and move the water but like a sponge so water gets reapplied in large drops. Fine droplets are changed to bigger droplets allowing a better view but not perfectly clear.
simmo400 wrote:Got to say in the mornings if the windows are misty all previous cars just lower the window and then raise again would clear this. My QQ dosent do to the windows not touching the sides. POOR BUILD QUALITY I feel.
brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

i agree its very poor desighn i bought back windows wind shields, so i could park in the sun with the back windows an inch or so down, the shields are shaded so it wouldnt be noticed if i left the windows to let the heat out, one day i rubbrd the back windows (whilst ajar) and they move from side to side like a prick in the wind. i mean they probably move an inch from left to right , tekna 2015 july
brian
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Take a look at the old Post from 2014 under "Main Qashqai Discussions" / "Pathetic Grip" which has similiar comments? - Dave ;)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1395

Or on the other QQ Forum also from 2014 :
http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/window-t ... 14711.html
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

DaveBerlin wrote:Take a look at the old Post from 2014 under "Main Qashqai Discussions" / "Pathetic Grip" which has similiar comments? - Dave ;)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1395

Or on the other QQ Forum also from 2014 :
http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/window-t ... 14711.html
#Gripe# ;)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

MartyJ, to get over this problem this is the solution I use, but it does involve some elbow grease. Firstly our QQ's windows are treated with Rain-X and then I use a Plastic / Rubber Scraper or nick one from the shower. Also I just run a tissue over the cameras when raining, just a few minutes work - Dave ;)
PS. this is not a " Gripe"

image.jpg