Forward Collision Braking

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

[quote="phaedra"]][quote="markiebud"]]I have tried to get my emergency brake warning light to operate by coming up fast behind a car in my Tekna, and it never has once[/QUOTE]]You are aware it only works at speeds up to 19mph and not above?[/QUOTE]]
Can you please provide evidence of such comment as I have been able to find evidence that it works above this speed, but will only prevent a collision below a set speed, but will just reduce speed in an attempt to minimise impact speed. There are youtube vids showing it working at 30 or 40mph...I have had it bong at me at speeds of around 60 before now when somebody has slammed on in front (thankfully I was already aware of such situation and had already applied the brake myself!)It also states in the handbook that the "The FCW system will function when your vehicle is driven at speeds above 10mph and above"

markiebud

Post by markiebud »

Hi according to the manual and ncap it works at all speeds, with only intent to reduce accident impact above 28mph but avoid below,
Luckily for me I am at Nissan Sunderland today fixing one of their mold chillers on the qashqai line (industrial cooling is what I do for a living) Frigel.com.
Anyways I will ask in R and D and see how they claim it should work,
Thanks for all the welcomes chaps.. Good to be here
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Sorry, a fuller answer would have been, the FCA will work above 19mph but will only help to lessen a collision, I will try and find the blurb I read but it says it will only prevent up to 19mph after that while it will/should activate it will not prevent a collision only lessen the impact and also pre-tighten the front seat belts..
phaedra2014-04-13 12:30:33
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
markiebud

Post by markiebud »

[quote="phaedra"] [quote="markiebud"]I have tried to get my emergency brake warning light to operate by coming up fast behind a car in my Tekna, and it never has once[/QUOTE]

You are aware it only works at speeds up to 19mph and not above?
[/QUOTE]

http://youtu.be/lIeRWXlnLz8