LED replacement exterior bulbs

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I mean that a clear lens won't filter out any of an LED's light frequencies, whatever colour the LED is. Hence my "Captain Obvious" comment.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic

craigstekna

Post by craigstekna »

SOOOOOO

They came! I now have replacement LED indicator bulbs and reversing bulbs from China! £4.50 FTW! (ordered 180 degree pins by accident, but a bit of 180 grit fixed that)

I managed to replace the rear indicators, no hyperflash and works a treat.....however....

Can someone give me some assistance on replacing the front? i can for the life of me figure out how or where to start, i can't even see where they go :(

Also the reversing light, i guess i need to pop out the screw in the handle and the 2 visible clips, but what then? brute force to rip off the back panel?

If someone could give some pointers that would be super :)

pretty please?

Thanks
Craig
J11 - QQ 1.6 130 Dci Automagic Tekna, Pearl white, Sept 2014 :D FULL LED upgrade to all interior/exterior lights, china crossover pack, mud-flaps, sill guards and hood deflector
Hound

Post by Hound »

Brute force.... yeah pretty much. Here's where the clips are. Best to use a plastic trim tool.

trim.jpg

I'll look for the front indicator info.
craigstekna

Post by craigstekna »

Awesome! thanks hound, trim remover set on order! should be here tomorrow :)
J11 - QQ 1.6 130 Dci Automagic Tekna, Pearl white, Sept 2014 :D FULL LED upgrade to all interior/exterior lights, china crossover pack, mud-flaps, sill guards and hood deflector
Hound

Post by Hound »

It's not all that helpful but here it is:

indicator.jpg

You will need tiny hands!

The air duct is held on by one screw and a couple of plastic clip thingies if I recall. It has to come off to fit new main beam bulb on LH (passenger) side too, though you can just manage to do the dip bulb without disturbing anything else.
craigstekna

Post by craigstekna »

mother of god! well i suppose i should give it a tackle. I can't believe these manufacturers make it this difficult to do such basic things :/

Thanks for your help man!
craigstekna

Post by craigstekna »

aha! actually not as bad as i thought, seems a trick to remove the top of the washer bottle.

Now if only i ordered the right damn bulbs!!!!! the fronts are wedges :(
Hound

Post by Hound »

Apart from the boot light that I adapted to LED, I've never changed any bulbs except dipped (I adapted H9 bulbs to replace the uninspiring H11s), so can't offer any further wisdom except the diagrams. Good luck!
craigstekna

Post by craigstekna »

you have been more than helpful sir. :)

I just wish i ordered the right bulbs :) the backs are good, but the fronts are wedges and i can't find decent replacements. is it T20 or W21W or some other random name for the base (I'm waffling) its all very confusing.

Tomorrow ill tackle the reversing lights and then at some point get around to replacing them nasty brown fog lights.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I removed the Phillips Silverline bulbs from my Fabia hoping to detango the Qashqai with them - then discovered front indicators I'd never seen before.

I couldn't at the time find similar bulbs but they appear at http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/xtec-585-w ... dge-bulbs/ - I think those are the right ones?

An Amazon search on < LED Light Bulbs T20 orange > brings up a few - some suspiciously cheap. However no Canbus ones, so I presume you'd have to put a resistor in too.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)