Can't connect to Nissan connect

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Bros

Post by Bros »

Hi guys,
Looked around the search for issues with Nissan connect, well can't connect I should say.
I have looked at the demo on the website, still I cannot connect.
I did go through registration, downloading the app to my phone without issue, all seems fine thus far.
Went out to car and tried to connect both together (the phone is already paired and calls work fine)

Followed instructions but the phone says;
Sorry this device is not registered for the current smartphone user, in the Nissan connect app add a owners portal (think that's what I did when registering) or is it!

The car display on info says exactly the same.

I wonder, as I am the second owner and possibly the first guy registered could this be the issue.

Help please, I am not very great at working these tech things out.
Thanks for any assistance
Cheers
Bobby
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2017 Ink Blue j11 Mk2
Previously - QQ 1.5dci NTEC 2015 Black j11 Mk2

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Ensure you are registered on Nissan.co.uk not .com website.
Have you created a profile here?
https://youplus.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/YouPlus.html
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Bros

Post by Bros »

Thanks for the reply, yes I am registered on that site.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

First 18 months worked ok, but wont connect for the last 6 months or so. Not that im bothered because there is very little of use on the apps available her in UK. Different matter over in Europe and the US?
RVW

Post by RVW »

Try contacting Nissan customer service not your dealer. I had problems trying to get it to work. Did all that everyone suggested but no luck. Emailed Nissan and after about a week they come back and told me to delete everything and start again as THEY HAVE REGISTERED THE CAR ON THEIR SYSTEM! Think that could be the key. Unless they have approved it on their system you won't get on.
J11-2016 QashQai Tekna 1.5dci Magnetic Red
Bros

Post by Bros »

Thanks for that, I was just thinking the same.
Cheers
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I phoned up nissan support because i had the same issue, after about 15 mins they got it sorted. I'm sure its a problem their end and not my tech abilities
RVW wrote:Try contacting Nissan customer service not your dealer. I had problems trying to get it to work. Did all that everyone suggested but no luck. Emailed Nissan and after about a week they come back and told me to delete everything and start again as THEY HAVE REGISTERED THE CAR ON THEIR SYSTEM! Think that could be the key. Unless they have approved it on their system you won't get on.
S_J_P

Post by S_J_P »

I had no end of problems logging in, then solved everything in one click!

After making my account and logging into My+Nissan I clicked on the "View connected services button" which brought up the "Subscriptions" page.

Clicking on the blank grey box over to the right enabled my subscription and made everything work! It may work for you also?

image.jpeg

Gun-Metal DiG-T 140 Tekna Arrived 19-03-19
Gun-Metal 1.2 DiG-T N-Connecta [Comfort & Heat Packs] Arrived 27-05-16
Charlie Miller

Post by Charlie Miller »

I too had problems connecting to this.I spoke to Nissan customer services a couple of times and they were able to sort things out for me. I might add that I think their web pages are confusing and not at all straight forward. After getting into the system I found it slow and although I have a two year free subscription I doubt that I will use it much at all. If I want to look up trip advisor, google something or look at Facebook I might as well do if via my phone. It's the phones data that gets used with Nissan connect in any case.
2016 N-Connecta 1.6 dci Xtronic: Pano Roof/Rails: Heat Pack: Black Alloygators: Gun Metal.
Bros

Post by Bros »

S_J_P wrote:I had no end of problems logging in, then solved everything in one click!

After making my account and logging into My+Nissan I clicked on the "View connected services button" which brought up the "Subscriptions" page.

Clicking on the blank grey box over to the right enabled my subscription and made everything work! It may work for you also?
Thanks, I will try that.
Cheers