Buzzing noise - Fuel pump I have been told?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
neil8471

Post by neil8471 »

Hi everyone

I am new to this forum my name is Neil hello there.

I am now on my 3rd Qashqai absolutely love them. I just purchased a new 1.2 Dig T petrol edition. Everything was fine until the other week and there is a very noticeable buzzing noise coming from the back , gets louder the longer the journey. Took it back to Nissan last week they kept it in 3 days, get it back Friday they have done £1,200 worth of work on it £800 of that being a brand new turbo which they said was faulty. They said they couldn't hear noise in the back so I drove it off and buzzing still there. I took it back again yesterday and the technician sat in the car with me and identified the noise and said oh yes that's the fuel pump and its normal?? Anyone else experienced this noise it goes off when you stop the engine slowly? I'm not sure this normal and might get a second opinion. He said the fuel pump is under the back seat. He also said something about it being a 1.2 and needing more power? Please help

neil8471

Post by neil8471 »

Can anyone help re this anyone else with a 2016 1.2 petrol manual six gear ??? I phoned another Nissan dealer today for a second opinion and was told the buzzing noise is normal and it is the fuel pump and its only in the 1.2 edition??
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I've not noticed it.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
neil8471

Post by neil8471 »

Comes from the back of the car then when you come to a standstill and putne handbrake on it sort of drifts off. I need to get it in again as I am not happy.
Splink

Post by Splink »

The first time I noticed this was when I returned home. I thought my neighbour was using his mower! Service told me the noise is normal. I've found that it can be changed to a slightly lower tone by momentarily almost stalling the engine. I'm living with it but would prefer a quieter pump. My previous car had a 2l engine which used more fuel, but I never heard the pump.
1.2 DIG-T Acenta 2014
neil8471

Post by neil8471 »

Sorry how do you make it quieter? What do you actually mean stall the car?
Splink

Post by Splink »

Hardly quieter; just a slightly lower tone. To momentarily stall the engine, set off without pressure on the accelerator pedal so that the revs dip below 1000.
1.2 DIG-T Acenta 2014
kullyb78

Post by kullyb78 »

Hi Neil - I have the same problem. Did you manage to get this sorted?
neil8471

Post by neil8471 »

Hi yes sort of they put a new fuel pump in but still buzzes but not as bad. Is yours really bad? It seems better now but they seemed to think it was normal on this model??
kullyb78

Post by kullyb78 »

Thanks for coming back to me. Its reassuring I'm not going mad with this noise and that someone else is experiencing the same thing.

I have a 2014 1.2 Dig and the rear buzzing noise is quite bad at times - my car has been in around 7 times for the same issue. I've had two pumps, one new fuel tank and recently new clips attaching a fuel cable I'm told. Every time I bring the car back from the garage it seems to be Ok for a couple of days and then the noise seems to re-appear. I've currently logged the call with Nissan Customer Services who are now dealing with the dealership direct and apparently they have a dedicated team who deal just with technical issues. What I don't understand is why is there an inconsistency with some getting the noise and others not? I'm trying to build a case up with Nissan Headquarters to get to the bottom off this as they seem to still sell the 1.2 engine with there vehicles, Might be worth you doing this too so they know more people are getting the same issue.