Car wax n polish etc

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

My time must be close as the dealer left a message yesterday now going for predictable selling of mats and car polishing etcRight car polish, the dealer will "discount it down" to £99 to have it doneCar polish is car polish and wouldnt we all like to buy a product that kept the car shine etc and lets think this is a new car its a safe bet for 3 years it should still look goodBut my wife found this on Ebay and theres a massive range of sellers all diffrent prices i just chose this one as its selling 2 bottles and as there 40 ml it dont sound much for a large carhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-NEW-100-AUTHENTI ... trueAnyone into the cleaning side or detailing that can point a finger and let me know whats the easiest and most cost effective lolThis stuff im told is what the dealers apply although some use diffrent brands im at least familiar with Autoglym
Donkey2014-03-30 11:14:44

bev 2311

Post by bev 2311 »

My brother has used this exact same thing on his car and says its amazing he has given me the left overs for my qq when I get it hut dont think there will be enough left in bottle to do the whole car so will have to get me some more
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Ive noticed a mini bulk seller doing 4 packs of this for £36 if anyone close to Norwich and wants to go 1/2£18 dont seem too much for 2 boxes now all i need is someone daft enough to want to apply itFathers day so far away I wonder if i can bribe the kids somehow without it working out cheaper to get the dealer on ithttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181362855726?ssPageN ... 1423.l2649
Donkey2014-03-30 11:34:17
bev 2311

Post by bev 2311 »

I am gonna try and apply this myself looked at instructions that I have and it says apply in circular motion and finish in strain lines bit worried about doing it hope it turnes out ok I remember having anavy blue car and the way the garage had applied the polish on the bonnet when the sun shined u could just c swirls all on it
Wish I had seen your post earlier I have just bought some from ebay this minute
stephen160

Post by stephen160 »

have a look at www.glare.com unfortunately not available in the uk yet.
First ever Nissan and have ordered a Qashqui Tekna iCVT in Blue. www.bookmyvilla.com owner
Ezz g

Post by Ezz g »

We'll I'm no expert detailer it's trial and error with regards to products as far as I can tell. I'm picking my qashqai up on Monday so next weekend it's going to be a proper clean in and out. My ritual is snowfoam,rinse,wash using two bucket method with lambs wool mitt, rinse then clay and wash again,dry,polish and finally wax. Just bought some iron x for wheels then polish and seal them.
We'll t least there will be less work to do with it having the panoramic roof. Inside I will be applying a decent fabric guard just waiting for it to come in stock from where I get my gear.
Generally I clay the car twice a year and start from the ground up so to speak in terms of protection, but I'm always learning as I go and like to try different products.