Low Fuel Warning

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Just had my Low Fuel Warning light come on, bit soon I thought as it says I have over 60 miles worth of fuel left!, is this the normal level? every other car I've had it came on at around 30 or less.
phaedra2014-03-30 18:29:45
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)

andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

My scenic comes on around 40 miles.
tekna cvt mag red
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Yeti comes on anywhere between a claimed 100 miles range and 60 miles of range.Really deepnds on the type of driving i was doing as it hits the red line (on the analogue gauge).On that basis it doesn't sound incredibly outlandish.
Nissan no more...
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

I haven't found the analogue gauge yet! Will have to RTFM Well I've RTFM and I still can't see where it is!, looked through the display settings and can't see an option there either.That said the low fuel light has now gone off! but I did notice the passenger airbag "on" light is staying on for quite a while, never noticed it before!.
phaedra2014-03-30 22:08:58
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Fuel warning comes up depending on the type of driving in terms of your average and the journey you are on as the fuel gets low.I noticed mine came on just as the gauge, bottom of the dash underneath the digital display, needle hit the red bar...but then the estimated distance often goes up or stays the same for a lot of miles in my experience.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

The analogue gauge is on my Yeti (which has both a digital warning and the old fashioned style).I was commenting that on the range quoted it wasn't outlandish in terms of it coming on at 60 miles left.It really did depend on how i was driving as it got near the red line on the gauge.:)
Nissan no more...