NissanConnect - How good is it?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Thrillofit

Post by Thrillofit »

Hello everyone!

Sooo. I'm on this step that i'm really close to buy a Qashqai Tekna 2016 and I just want to really know if it is really worth buy the car with NissanConnect since it's kinda expensive for me to buy a car that has something bad on it. Anyways so I have a questions about NissanConnect:

[*] How is the Navigation on the NissanConnect? How outdated/good is it? Does it show good route from A to B?
[*] How is the connection between NissanConnect and Iphone?
[*] How is the interface? Does it lag when pressing on the touch screen and so on?
[*] Is there anything I should know that I haven't pointed out yet?

If I missed something or maybe someone wants to add more information. Feel free to do it :) I would appreciate all things!

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Content is provided by HERE via the SD card, and is somewhat out of date unfortunately because of the time Nissan say they take to check content.
Don't have an I phone but some have reported some difficulty in getting initial handshake.
When you have a test drive why not try out the connectivity there & then and you can also assess the satnav functionality.
Works OK for me.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

To be honest, the Connect system should be a bit of an embarrassment to Nissan. The maps are way out of date, the apps that were promised in 2014 haven't appeared. It's all a bit sad really. Having said that, we love our Tekna, the 360deg cameras are superb, the leather seats are very comfortable, auto lights and wipers function perfectly, blind spot detection works well in the dry etc. I'm not sure how many of these things are available on the next model down but I certainly wouldn't buy a Tekna just to get the Connect system!
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I'm with you 100%. The connect is a total waste of time. Satnav is ok ish, but i nearly always do a double check now with google maps because it sends you on some silly routes. I went 50 miles out of my way the last time i trusted it, and i was pulling a 1.5 ton caravan. Pissed off for sure.
Beardyman wrote:To be honest, the Connect system should be a bit of an embarrassment to Nissan. The maps are way out of date, the apps that were promised in 2014 haven't appeared. It's all a bit sad really. Having said that, we love our Tekna, the 360deg cameras are superb, the leather seats are very comfortable, auto lights and wipers function perfectly, blind spot detection works well in the dry etc. I'm not sure how many of these things are available on the next model down but I certainly wouldn't buy a Tekna just to get the Connect system!
renzoellul

Post by renzoellul »

Well I haven't yet bought a QQ yet however one of the sore points of this car is surely the infotainment unit. The unit failed to deliver on what was promised and to be honest it has been surpassed by other car manufacturers making it outdated. The fact that the unit has a restive touchscreen and the failure to integrate carplay or android auto is serious.

I recently had the opportunity to try out the infotainment unit on the new Tiguan, well it was a real experience. No apps but the fact that one can seamlessly use android auto made me think if I should go the QQ way. The new 3008 is also being advertised to have a similar integration.

If I were you i'd go for a lower trim and change the head unit and get an aftermarket replacement. You will loose the camera and other gizmos but at least you will have a unit which will meet your needs
argwallace

Post by argwallace »

Just to add my 2 cents...

I agree, the NissanConnect is an embarrassment. I really hoped for some decent technology on the infotainment side of things and so far it has been a big let down. As others have noted, the car itself has been great so far. I just wish they put more quality in this side of the vehicle since we live in a much more technological world. I believe more and more people will put more emphasis on these options in the future.