Check when it arrives

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

just to say that despite having the new QQ 6 weeks or so already I popped the bonet for the first time this weekend.Nothing major but wasn't impressed to find the wash wipe water bottle lid wasn't on, the + cover on the battery was not pushed down and a couple of other tops didn't appear as tight as they might be.I'd say it's worth checking these things when collecting your car as clearly who ever did this part of my PDI was very lazy.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014

Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

Thanks for that Mark. I will get hubby to do that little job for me when mine arrivesMarianda242014-03-31 09:59:35
korky

Post by korky »

Things we shouldn't have to do....but good heads up
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I was a little shocked to be honest. I know it's only little things but just lets it down..
Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

Well its the dealership that is letting itself down rather than the car. The quality of the PDI is very much in the lap of the gods unfortunately but a dealer who provides a shoddy PDI doesnt bode well when its time for a service. If they are cutting corners before youve even got the car then what will they do or not do when they service the car? Worrying
ippopy

Post by ippopy »

I am having
similar concerns but my problem is that I won't be there for collection. It
will be my wife as I am away at the moment and I wonder what sorts of checks
have to be done to car after arrival. Is there any procedures given by person
who delivers? I would guess that both parties need to confirm correct car status
then signed and released.

How was
that done in your case?
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Mine is a lease car...my 5th in 8 years.They basically ask you to look over the car and sign it off as in good condition etc. I normally look under the bonet but for some reason this time I didn't.It's actually awkward too as I can;t believe the QQ doesn't have a hydraulic arm for the bonet..they've got the old fashioned arm which is located in the top of the bonet.My advice if you aren't going to be there is to get your wife to check it over..and for double protection take a photo of each panel and the interior..in case you spot any issues...get her to ask the delivery driver to lift the bonet and show here where the water filler is etc...that way you can see if everything is as it should be.