Sat nav and 'revving' noise issues...?!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
ImoT

Post by ImoT »

Hiya

So I purchased my brand new 1.2 auto Qashqai in March. Overall I love it but there are a couple of issues. I'm organising for the car to go in and get sorted out but I would like to be as informed as possible so they don't fob me off.

First issue is my sat nav. It works pretty well but on every journey in which I use the sat nav the whole connect system shuts down/turns off once at a random point in the journey. It comes back on after a few minutes and usually the sat nav comes back on too but when it does it doesn't know which road I'm on and always thinks I'm on a road nearby or in a field/in a river. It tries to direct me but obviously is unsuccessful. Also, occasionally when the sat nav is running it will randomly 'lose' where I am, even if I'm on a straight road and haven't made an turnings! I tried doing some research on this forum and I read something about 'firmware needing to be reflashed' (I don't understand what that means?!)....just wondering if anyone can clarify this?

Another small connect system issue...occasionally when I have my iPhone plugged into the usb or connected via Bluetooth and am listening to music, occasionally it will start playing a song but no sound will come out. If I skip to the next song it sorts itself out and is fine. Could this be solved by reflashing firmware?

Finally, the most concerning issue to me, the past 2 days when I've turned the car on it has started making 'revving/acceleration' noises. The rev counter increases and it definitely feel like the car is trying to accelerate. It's still in park, handbrake is on, all I've done is turn the car on! The only thing that stops it is turning the car off and on again. Anyone got any idea what's going on?

As I said I am organising for the car to go in and be checked out, however I want to be as informed as possible when I do.

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

ImoT wrote:Hiya

So I purchased my brand new 1.2 auto Qashqai in March. Overall I love it but there are a couple of issues. I'm organising for the car to go in and get sorted out but I would like to be as informed as possible so they don't fob me off.

First issue is my sat nav. It works pretty well but on every journey in which I use the sat nav the whole connect system shuts down/turns off once at a random point in the journey. It comes back on after a few minutes and usually the sat nav comes back on too but when it does it doesn't know which road I'm on and always thinks I'm on a road nearby or in a field/in a river. It tries to direct me but obviously is unsuccessful. Also, occasionally when the sat nav is running it will randomly 'lose' where I am, even if I'm on a straight road and haven't made an turnings! I tried doing some research on this forum and I read something about 'firmware needing to be reflashed' (I don't understand what that means?!)....just wondering if anyone can clarify this?
I have a 16 plate QQ with the old software and its mostly fine. Maybe once every 2000 miles it may go blank but restarts & works fine after a minute or 2 to get satellite positioning that leads me to think some of the problems are software related but also have a hardware issue also.