Beware

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

1. Apart from the blind spots, all four corners, I nearly managed to cause my new QQ14 to have scratch/dent in the boot lid. The boot opens so high that it meets the local car park roof and also the garage door at home (roller door). Far higher than the X-Trail I exchanged - not complaining at all, love the car but there are a few traps out there.2. I have always used a CCTV in my cars and I think they are great value and fun. Not too sure where I can fit one on the QQ, the mirror real estate is simply enormous, any thoughts anyone?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

as the cars fitted with cameras cant you nip to maplin and get some kind of recorder that can splice off the fitted cables Its not as daft as it sounds if you think the car has perfect monitoring if you can record it your laughing
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

# DonkeyNo it's not daft at all, makes perfect sense to me as well, as you say the car has the cameras, and no doubt there's one in that mirror assembly somewhere, perhaps Nissan could respond to this? I doubt that I'm brave enough to dive into the wiring loom on my new car. No doubt it'll be on the new QQMk3 along with the facility to automatically add points to your driving license and debit your card a suitable amount for whatever the car deemed you were doing wrong, not as if we/you weren't warned! Talking of which it certainly warns you when you get up close to the car in front at the end of the dual carriage-way.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

ahh but was you brave enough to test the brake assist though thats the keyall those cameras have wires going to a box somewhere to the monitor if you could buy a splitter for each cable then insert them to a recorder your laughing no need for expensive cameras after all why pay twice
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

I think the built in cameras would be practically useless for recording behind or in front of the car, they seem to be angled down.Might be good for recording the fraction of a second before something hits.
tekna cvt mag red
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

@Andrew

I suspect that you are right, Donkey is probably a bit pee'd off that I've got my Tekna with 19" wheels and after meddling with the wiring loom we'd need to scrap the whole thing and sell the wheels. He's already demonstrated his ability to strike a good deal. Good news is that putting the camera to the left of the rear mirror seems to work out OK and even better the wiring is very easy to route around out of sight - job done!
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

@Donkey

Still to pluck up the courage but one of these days the temptation will be too much I'm sure, just need to pick my moment and my place not the mention the object. A big inflated ball perhaps?
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Maybe I gotta say im not brave enough to actualy test the assist braking hence why I encourage everyone else to so I dont have to lol
englishman

Post by englishman »

I will give you one tip in the past ive set up quite a number of cameras { mainly covert } ive installed cameras in office fans/ clocks/ PC keyboards/ blackberry chargers/ etc all to good effect . I used high end cameras and middle of the range , but hes the tip buy cheap USB PC cameras you can remove the outer casing and the USB connector and install in whatever you like.
Ive currently drive a Honda Civic { awaiting my new Nissan } and installed two cameras into a DD JVC headunit works fine and great quality all for the cost of two cheap USB units form PC world. just wire up + - and the other is video feed didnt bother with the audio for my car. high end expensive cameras will give you more focal length but who cares whats happening 300 yrds away.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Just out of curiosity why do people need cameras and recording equipment in a car?We have managed to drive even back in day with cine cameras and black n white to live without themHavent we got enough cameras in the world with all this CCTV lolI got a video of my 1st wedding and everything on camera isnt what it seemed hence why it was my 1st lol