Beware

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Stops the crash for crash scammers.There has been an increase, in various parts of the uk, of certain drivers causing accidents where they will cut you up and anchor on or disable their brake lights so you can't react in time.You go up the back of them, you are automagically at fault.Whiplash claims all around.
Nissan no more...

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

[quote="Donkey"]]Just out of curiosity why do people need cameras and recording equipment in a car?We have managed to drive even back in day with cine cameras and black n white to live without themHavent we got enough cameras in the world with all this CCTV lolI got a video of my 1st wedding and everything on camera isnt what it seemed hence why it was my 1st lol[/QUOTE]]
One word... insurance!Having video evidence of an incident can make an insurance claim so much easier as you have the recorded evidence to back it up.Plus, working at an insurance company myself, I get to watch some of them (Read: I should be scanning them for viruses and ensuring they work )
SplanK2014-04-16 10:33:23
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I am not sure if you Guys are interested in this, but this Co. Pearl has been advertising in the ADAC (AA / RAC) magazine here in Germany for years and they have some interesting stuff at reasonable prices. With regard to the Technical Stds I have no idea how good the products are, unfortunately also the information is not in English but I am sure if there is interest the language could be got around - Dave

http://www.pearl.de/nc-1321-dacshcams-a ... rder.shtml
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
oswmobo

Post by oswmobo »

I haven't tried this myself but when i saw your post I thought I would have a quick browse and found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-5-LCD-1280P ... 20e37889c3 Sounds like just what you want and at the price it may be worth a try.
oswmobo2014-04-16 20:47:51
1.2 DIG-T Acenta Premium Ink Blue.
oswmobo

Post by oswmobo »

1.2 DIG-T Acenta Premium Ink Blue.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Only a complete lunatic would try and cut me up to get a whiplash claim lolId drive straight through them and the money would have to go to there next of kinAnnoys me that law abiding drivers feel the need to take this action, the insurance companies can identify the people involved surely (how many accidents people have per year similar to this) and deal with them by refusing to insure themAs a spinal injury surviver why anyone would want to dice with danger bewilders me, your spine is a complicated part of your body if its weakened or damaged it takes years or decades to recover if your luckyNo compensation payout could ever be large enough to cover loosing your back, A close friend of mine on paper is wealthy after a spinal injury, wheelchair bound for life cant have kids and has to insert pipes up hes harris twice a week lay on hes bed until hes empty for rest of day then get it all cleaned upSorry to be graphic but thats the sort of risks you play with to get a compensation payout who in there right mind would do that?Not to mention the fact there victim could as easily be placed in similar position how could you live with yourself knowing you done that to someone else for a couple of quid
korky

Post by korky »

I've been looking for a camera for a while but never really decided which one....don't want to spend lots but want decent picture
ippopy

Post by ippopy »

[quote="korky"]I've been looking for a camera for a while but never really decided which one....don't want to spend lots but want decent picture [/QUOTE]
Check this guys channel. He seems to be very good at reviewing those gadgets.https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5I2hj ... Personally I have bought Blackvue DR550 with two cameras for front and back. Good fun but at cost £300
ippopy2014-04-16 22:30:56
englishman

Post by englishman »

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

How of any of you powered your camera(s), from what I see the obvious socket at the front is powered at all times which could mean a fat battery?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.