Broken rear wiper mechanism

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
frazzle

Post by frazzle »

Hi - just in case anyone has made the same mistake and can advise on costs to repair...

To transport my sons bike to school we fitted a rear mounted bike rack. In the rain, when reversing the rear wiper switched on and must have got trapped by the bike rack and now no longer works. It can now wipe the full 360 degrees and while the motor seems to work, I think perhaps something has snapped within the mechanism and it just drops off the window. .

I need to fix it shortly and wondered if anyone had made the same mistake or could advise a cheaper way to repair other than going to the dealer.

Help and advice would be greatly appreciated as its a lease car and I'm trying to keep the cost of retuning it at the end of the contract.

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Scrap Yard, there must be plenty of smashed up QQ's
frazzle wrote:Hi - just in case anyone has made the same mistake and can advise on costs to repair...

To transport my sons bike to school we fitted a rear mounted bike rack. In the rain, when reversing the rear wiper switched on and must have got trapped by the bike rack and now no longer works. It can now wipe the full 360 degrees and while the motor seems to work, I think perhaps something has snapped within the mechanism and it just drops off the window. .

I need to fix it shortly and wondered if anyone had made the same mistake or could advise a cheaper way to repair other than going to the dealer.

Help and advice would be greatly appreciated as its a lease car and I'm trying to keep the cost of retuning it at the end of the contract.