Problem with DAB radio

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
SteveCampbell74

Post by SteveCampbell74 »

I've just bought a new Qashqai N-Vision. On my DAB radio, I can't get Radio 5 Live Sport Xtra. I could get it on my old Qashqai.
I've tried a factory reset to load them in again, but the same channels come up. Any ideas?

simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

My QQ was the same. Take it back to the dealer it will need a software up grade and they should check that the aerial has a good strength to receive the stations. Mine also would cut out all the time while traveling. Has been a lot better since the upgrade.
Simmo
Deleted User 3720

Post by Deleted User 3720 »

make sure Radio 5 live Sports Xtra (as opposed to just radio5) is ACTUALLY transmitting a programme e.g. live football match or cricket. I've found several DAB radios cant find 5 sports xtra unless its transmitting.
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

This isn't problem with the radio, it's the way it's been designed to operate.
When you look at the radio display in DAB mode you'll usually see a greyed out button labelled Extra Chan in the bottom right of the screen. If you select a DAB channel such as Radio 5 live or Radio 4 that has a live secondary service, say Radio 5 live Sports Extra, the button is no longer greyed out meaning that there is another service available. Touch the Extra Chan button and you will see a list of any secondary services associated with your selected station. Touch on the name of the service, the radio will switch to that secondary service and the Extra Chan button turns amber to show a secondary channel is in use.
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red
Quexpo82
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Quexpo82 »

My 2014 Accenta Premium audio system is diabolical. DAB radio cuts out every 2 minutes, FM radio cuts out every 2 minutes, SAT NAV stops giving instructions every 2 minutes, music from iphone via Bluetooth cuts out every 2 minutes.

Going to have to go back to Nissan dealer (again!) GRRREE!
Ionel12

Post by Ionel12 »

Hi, did they sort the issue? And most important, did they charged yiu for this? My Nissan has same issues and I read a lot about this which means it is a general issue and they need to start recognising this and fix it on their own expence.
If you don’t mind asking, do you still have the invoice for this? I am trying to get more from other people and together witb that they will do to my car I want to send as much proof as I can to Nissan and demand to pay the money back for everyone.
kbielski

Post by kbielski »

Hi, I got 2nd hand qashquai 2015 and just started haveing the redio cutting off.I wonder if this is to do with traveling in Europe different radiostations setup? or perhaps something to do with nissan connect and phone settings? Or maybe a loose connection with speakers?
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

DAB is patchy at times.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Eyrebear72

Post by Eyrebear72 »

Hi. Mine is the same. Radio goes silent every 5 minuets or so and then occasionally the whole system reboots itself. Any ideas gratefully received????
Timbo8

Post by Timbo8 »

Same symptoms for me, only seems to be with dab, not fm. Sound cuts out for 30 seconds and it then says station not available and immediately starts working again. Occasionally system reboots itself too. It started happening in December 18, after working fine for 3 years. Seems totally random. I have traffic info turned off and no Bluetooth. I suspect something has changed with the dab signal, and software can't cope.