Problem with DAB radio

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Timbo8 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:02 pm Same symptoms for me, only seems to be with dab, not fm. Sound cuts out for 30 seconds and it then says station not available and immediately starts working again. Occasionally system reboots itself too. It started happening in December 18, after working fine for 3 years. Seems totally random. I have traffic info turned off and no Bluetooth. I suspect something has changed with the dab signal, and software can't cope.
My connect system has just started rebooting itself, again hadn't happened ever in this car until a few weeks ago and now seems to be happening a lot.

Not normally a problem, but it decided to reboot at some traffic lights yesterday whilst the STOP/START had kicked in, and when the lights went green and i pressed the clutch, it just kept turning over and wouldn't start. Took me about 5 minutes and lots of retries to start the engine again.

I wonder why it's suddenly started happening now for us?
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T

emmo1000
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by emmo1000 »

I have the same issue. My 64 plate Qashqai entertainment system has been cutting out and occasionally rebooting.
I phone the dealer today (Glyn Hopkin in Ipswich) which is a call center and was told it would have to be diagnosed for the sum of £115 - I declined.
Now unsure what to do. Software is D302, Hardware 031.
Pandjh
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Pandjh »

Mine hasn't rebooted at all after upgrading to D554. It also handles/recovers from DAB signal issues better too.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
zezinho

Post by zezinho »

I have a 64 plate and everything to do with the connect unit cuts out regardless of mode: DAB, CD, Bluetooth, FM...and also reboots. Complainted directly to Nissan who got the dealer to check/upgrade the software to D554, hardware 031.

But problem remains, slightly better but still there. Nissan then said they will pay half the replacement of a new unit, if I pay the other half of £1700!!!

Complained more, now they want to remove unit for 2/3 weeks this monday to send it back to the manufacturer. Plus my AirCon has failed this week. Dealer says new condenser needed because old one has leak, even though whole system was checked & regassed last summer for £150.

We must all formally email/contact Nissan to complain.
Dragstar

Post by Dragstar »

I have the same two Faults, mines 14 plate my air con was regassed last sept that and the Connect System are really Pissing me off apart from that loving the QQ
2014 Qashqai Accenta Premium 1.5DCI, Gunmetal Paintwork, Crossover Pack, Pan Roof,Bonnet Strut Kit, sidebars, and a Bit of Chrome :D
2011 Audi TT Quattro Roadster Volcano Red (Pearl}
2012 Vauxhall VXR GTC Arden Blue
2012 Vauxhall GTC 140 SRi
Kenty66

Post by Kenty66 »

Same fault, cuts out if Dab or fm , sat nav and cd. No faults found on diagnostic system! It's got to get point that im thinking of getting rid of the car. Very frustrating especially when it cuts out when using the sat nav. I have emailed Nissan direct as I read that te only way to fix it is by having a new unit! Very expensive apparently they will pay half but if we all complain direct they may do a recall campaign to fix the fault! Email Nissan and report your faults!
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Find out the name of your dealership senior person.
Tell him/her how disappointed you are and inform them politely that you are considering going public with your feelings on “social media”
It worked for my partner on a similar dispute with her 17-reg micra
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
gabeh
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by gabeh »

Hi,

I had a similar problem, the radio worked OK except sometimes on DAB when it would fail to find any stations. I eventually realised that the problem only occurred when I also had the heated rear windscreen on. Easy to reproduce the problem and the Nissan diagnostic confirmed the issue and the resolution in my case is a new rear window (under warranty).
2017 Qashqai 1.6 DCI Tekna+ in Vivid Blue
GraemeN

Post by GraemeN »

I have a 2015 Ntec and am experiencing the same issues with Connect. The dab radio loses signal regularly and the unit keeps rebooting, losing the satvav program. My iphone bluetooth connection also goes silent mid call and it t is really annoying. I have spoken to the dealer who says the unit will be reprogrammed free of charge but Nissan do not yet have a fix. They are receiving a lot of complaints but do not expect a solution until late June earliest. Not a great advert for Nissan.
BatterBits

Post by BatterBits »

I have a J11 15 plate Tekna with the "standard" software (D302?). I have similar symptoms to above, but strangely....

I commute at the same time each day, 06:30 to 07:30 and 17:15 to 18:30 roughly. I get (usually) perfect signal - I listen to Virgin in the morning and Radio2 in the evening, both on DAB. I generally have no issues, no dropouts no problems.

Outside of these times, I get horrible dropouts. I finish on a Friday at noon, and get probably 10 or 15 "station unavailable" events and a couple of reboots. When I use the car in the evenings, or at weekends - equally bad. I counted 8 events in a 5 mile journey last week.

Previously my commute times were earlier and later - 04:30 - 07:00/19:00/20:45 -never had a problem. But recently had an early start, several dropouts.

This morning, I had a few events on my commute....

I feel that I should lodge a complaint with Nissan - should I do this with the dedicated Nissan Connected services portal - or the general Customer Services portal?
Regards,

Ian
--
1.5dCi Tekna in Ink blue fitted with Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit