First service

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Going in this morning for 1st service. A couple a weeks prior to a year old. Have servicecplan so presumably cost is zero to me. Will report later on experience. Dealer Ancaster in Bromley. Car only has 3,000 miles on the clock.
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Here's schedule:
it'll be minor.
Ist Service Sheet.pdf
(713.93 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

All went well. Nothing to pay as under plan. Nothing to report. Tyres down to 6mm from 8 mm in 3,000 miles.

Car cleaned by dealer.

All good.
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Most of those ticks are for inspections that could be done at home. Like you need someone to check your screen wash level, tyre tread, lights etc. What a total load of nonsense. Wow, they even give you the pleasure of taking your car for a test drive, like you dont do that every time you get in it.

I'm getting the first service on my QQ done at Nissan one time only for the software updates then i'm off to an independent for oils & filters (2 years) and after the car is 3 years old, i'm changing the filters & oils myself. nothing to it.
Gel wrote:Here's schedule:
it'll be minor.
Ist Service Sheet.pdf
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Daewar, you naturally have a right to your opinion and if you are young and fit, want to save money then great. But is it really just about checking and ticking a list and getting a free drive. To me there is a lot of stuff most people can do like the daily checks but when it gets down to a Complete Service and crawling under the QQ or lifting and removing 19" Tekna Wheels then to me that is another consideration.
Also do not forget there are a lot of people that live in a City, have no Parking Facility, have no garage, some unfortunately have Disabilities, some are Old, or do not have the correct Equipment etc. Perhaps they just prefer to have their vehicle Garage Maintained, all these points have to be considered. OK in the end naturally the cost / budget has to be considered also.
To me I can still do most things but the days of crawling under QQ's has gone and after spending around €30,000 on the QQ a Service Cost each year is small and that is the way I go now and at least whatever is said I have confidence in Our Nissan Trained Technicians and in the end a Guarantee on Parts & Labour.
This is just my opinion and I am sure others will either agree or disagree, again a personal opinion - Thanks Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken