Auto folding mirrors kit

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
niphotos

Post by niphotos »

Why fit this to your car when it is so easy to hit the button when you get out of the car , also does fitting of this device not invalidate the warrant ??
1.5 DCI Accenta Premium Gun metal grey

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Hear what you say and to a point I agree. However, the fact remains that this feature is now standard on the QQ and Nissan have always had a kit that could be fitted retrospectively to the early release models. So, to fit the Nissan kit wouldn't invalidate the warranty that's for sure. As for third party it's hard to see any problem as long as it works OK - obviously should it fail in the future that's between supplier and purchaser and nothing to do with Nissan.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

My "Nissan Kit" was ordered by and installed by our Nissan Dealer on our New QQ before it become a Std fitting and there are no problems as these are Nissan OEM Parts. Now a conversion Kit I would not be sure how that would work under Guarantee problems - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

[quote="niphotos"] Why fit this to your car when it is so easy to hit the button when you get out of the car , also does fitting of this device not invalidate the warrant ??[/QUOTE]
Its the same as the S/S "default off" device that Duncho is looking to build, rather than having to press another button. It's just nice that things are automated, or set the way you want without additional tweaking. Personal preference at the end of the day!
Paulo

Post by Paulo »

Hi All,Recently bought a Tekna 1.6Dci and wanted the auto folding mirrors - easy to see if it is locked.I've bought one of these kits from Nissan and had a go at installing it.The instruction manual is the same as that in a previous post of January 2014.It's fairly straightforward, or so it seemed, but I couldn't get the mirrors to fold when the car was locked.The mirrors, windows, locking all still work ok. The only thing that I may have done wrong is in identifying the 'Doorlock Signal'.Step 14 of the instructions aren't that great, but it appears to get you to break into the wiring loom (part of which connects into the window motor) and splice into the grey wire. I picked the grey wire that goes into the window motor connector as this was easy to get to. Does anyone know if this is incorrect, or is there another grey wire in the other part of the loom that I should have used instead? Step 14 also shows a symbol I think is a voltage tester - is the doorlock signal (12v) there all the time the car is locked?Any help/advice greatly appreciated.Paulo
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Paulo, I don't think anyone has mastered fitting the Nissan kit (apart from the dealers) you would be better buying the AcesDVD kit which has been on offer (see other threads) it is easy to fit, works perfectly and comes with a good instruction video
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
duncho

Post by duncho »

Jon I did install Nissan mirror kit back in April 2014. I did not respond to Paulo's message as I can't remember the details. To my opinion, there were two grey wires in the same loom, you only need to pick the right one, otherwise the mirrors will not fold on door lock, but door unlock signal.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
booneash
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by booneash »

I bought it on ebay, but I gave up installing it, coz I do not have the electrical diagram to know where the open and close from the door signal actuators. Don't buy this if you're not a clever, this is not easy to install!
Foxworld
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Foxworld »

I fitted this today, it was the genuine Nissan folding kit that I used, as others have said there is no gray wire going to the door locks, however it does say on the instructions gray wire for Qashqai and purple wire for X-Trail, so I cut open the cable loom that went up to the door lock and in there was a purple wire, so I connected it to that. Now when I turn off the car the mirrors stay put until I close the door after getting out, then they close. They open again when I turn on the ignition. Hope this helps for someone in the future.

BTW it could be a better idea to go for the purple wire down at the bulk of wires where you were supposed to find the Gray wire, so then the mirrors will probably open and close when you lock and unlock the car, I didnt have time to try that today as I was in a hurry to get it done as I only had 20 minutes to do it before I was picking the child up from after school. And I'm happy enough for now as long as they auto close without having to press the button every time I'm getting out.
Danie Bezuidenhout
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Danie Bezuidenhout »

Good day,

I drive a 2015 Qashqai 1.6 CVT. I have purchased a aftermarket open/close auto mirror kit from Aliexpress. I am struggling to find the open/close signal wires for the system. Any assistance or advice on this matter will be highly appreciated. Thx in advance.