Auto folding mirrors kit

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Ok, I've had a look at the genuine Nissan mirror kit instructions that have been posted on this (or possibly the other) QQ forum, wouldn't say I was an electrical genius by a long stretch but I'm not a total thicko considering I am an aero engine designer (design components for jet engines) but I ran a bloody mile when I read them!!! Aces Kit fitted in an hour and that was only that long because of my nosey neighbour sticking his oar in! No I don't work for Aces or take commission or even know Dave but I thought it was VERY easy to fit with the enclosed instructions & installation video.Wheelie Bealie2014-07-10 19:46:08
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

If only it were as simple, my experience to date and now gut feel for our Dave is that he is a bit of a wide-boy who claims to be helpful but there's no evidence of that so far. To me being helpful means solving another persons problem and thus far that does not appear to have happened does it Dave? From a business perspective I understand where the food on the table comes from so let me give you a few words of advice. There aren't many on here who have that Nissan kit, if you were to help them get it working and by all means put a timescale on it like contact you by the end of the week even. The qudos you would get from that action would endear you to all these guys on here who have yet to take delivery. That would be very cheap positive advertising for you and your business the alternative - that's for you to find out isn't it.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
RobDan

Post by RobDan »

[quote="Wheelie Bealie"] Ok, I've had a look at the genuine Nissan mirror kit instructions that have been posted on this (or possibly the other) QQ forum, wouldn't say I was an electrical genius by a long stretch but I'm not a total thicko considering I am an aero engine designer (design components for jet engines) but I ran a bloody mile when I read them!!! Aces Kit fitted in an hour and that was only that long because of my nosey neighbour sticking his oar in! No I don't work for Aces or take commission or even know Dave but I thought it was VERY easy to fit with the enclosed instructions & installation video.[/QUOTE]

I don't doubt Dave's kit must be easier to fit mate, by Nissan making their instructions pictorial to suit multiple markets they've resulted in something that doesn't work in any language!RobDan2014-07-10 19:50:47
1.5 dCi Acenta Premium Storm White
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

As Dave offers a competitor product to Nissan's, I wouldn't expect him to bend over backwards to offeradvice on a competitor product to members. However, evidence here is that he has volunteered his services. I don't think Nissan dealer would offer any free advice on fitting Dave's! Calling him "a wide boy" is derogatory, and perhaps his legal eagles will be in touch
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Oh dear - I misunderstand him then!
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Funnily enough Gel I was in the process of typing get something similar. Peter, if your Nissan were to develop a fault under warranty, would you take it to the Ford dealer for advice?

Bit rude calling him a 'wide-boy' the chap is only trying to make a living and put food on the table, in this case by promoting and selling a superior product to the Nissan kit. If there were a problem with this then surely a mod would be the one to deal with it.Wheelie Bealie2014-07-10 20:09:50
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

And using my post to promote his product! Sorry but that is way out of line and probably my last, certainly on this. No it is my last, I love my QQ and this place can be depressing at times.
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Yes you're right, it is your post but it's not your thread. We're ALL entitled to post as we wish or see fit, the job of maintaining 'law and order' is down to the mod's. If you have an issue with your thread being hi-jacked then shouldn't you be taking it up with them instead of coming on here name calling and demanding the 'offending posts' be removed?
AcesDvds

Post by AcesDvds »

Thanks for all the kind words Guys, as I said I'm here to help, whether it is my product or anyone else's, I was asked to come on this Forum a long time ago and I'm glad I have as I am the other QQ Forums.
I can not tell you Guys to fit the N kit to the Black unlock pulse because if it damages your QQ I do not want to be blamed if something goes wrong. But I will say this is the only unlock pulse.
Think this wide boy put a picture on earlier to help you Guys with the N kit.
Still let's chill and just get you guys sorted.

Thxs All Dave
Tommy_J

Post by Tommy_J »

Hi all, this may help if you're looking for an auto-folding wing mirror solution:http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/2950 ... ge-4Cheers! -Tom