Nissan Qashqai Facelift

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Hackney

Post by Hackney »

SplanK wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:29 am Nissan will build a spec for the country they are being deployed in. They will take a bit of a gamble with engines but overall if a 4x4 version wont sell that well there is no point in putting the infrastructure in place to build/sell them.

With their face lift versions they also tend to drop some engines. IE The Micra they generally drop the larger engines silly because most people want smaller engines. Given dealers comments regarding the 1.6DIG-T engine model and how they have not sold that well, I'm surprised to see it in the line up still!

IF you REALLY want a 4x4 version, they clearly build them so its not impossible to get your hands on one if you are determined enough!
Nope,you cannot get a 4x4 version in AUS.They use to have it available in the Dualis(QQ J10 to you guy's) They dropped the 4x4 variant as sales where very low(so we are led to believe.)The Micra(thank god) has been "kicked" out of the model lineup.Shocker of a thing!Qashqai engines here are the 2litre unit(petrol) & 1.6 litre diesel unit.2litre in my opinion is a bit underpowered,put Fords Ecoboost 2litre in (179kw) & then your talking.Cheers:):)🇦🇺🛫🛬🇸🇬🛫🛬🇬🇧(Sooon!)
Living the dream!

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

You would have to import one from a country that did have them!
Hackney

Post by Hackney »

SplanK wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:06 am You would have to import one from a country that did have them!
Would not be worth it price wise.(customs,duty excises,import duty etc....)I would just go & buy a CX5 or Kuga.Cheers:):)
Living the dream!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mikey, here are some Facts on the Canadian QQ - Dave ;)

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/globe- ... ndmail.com&
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

A week ago I mentioned that there were a couple of Caps on the Front of the Tekna (Tekna +) that looked like Headlamp Washers. Today I checked again and quess what they are "Headlamp Washers" you live and learn - Dave :)

IMG_1084.JPG

IMG_3892.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Sandgrounder, you were absolutely correct regarding the Rear Space in the Tekna / Tekna + because as you so rightly mentioned the space is smaller due to, Yes the Sub Woofer. I took a look today and there it was sitting in the rear where the Emergency Wheel sometimes sits. There appears to be some hope as apparently this looks similiar to the J10 Bose Setup. It does look like the Centre Insert housing the Sub Woofer can be removed. I did check our Spare and it was 43cm Dia. @ Top and lower down 36cm Dia. Let's just see how things turn out - Dave :)

The Bose Sub Woofer in the J11B :

IMG_1082.JPG

This is what we have in the J11A :

IMG_3901.JPG

According to our Salesguy here he thinks the Sub Woofer can be placed within the Wheel as previously done on the J10 QQ's :

IMG_3897.JPG

The Renault Kadjar Bose also has this setup :

IMG_2227.PNG

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Have you spotted the new button for the hand brake auto hold? - difficult to get a full picture of it - here's one from the Nissan website

Capture.JPG

(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

Hello Dave, thanks for going to the trouble, taking pictures and clarifying the location of the sub woofer on the Tekna models. It could indeed be possible to house it within the space saver spare wheel, especially if you could do that on the J10 model. :)
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

Hello gloucester,

Great find! This will be the Stand Still Assist feature. I wondered how it would be activated. It was mentioned in a couple of reviews I had seen.

This is from Auto Express:
One final feature is Stand Still Assist, which holds the car still on any incline for up to three minutes, letting drivers take their foot off the brake without rolling back.
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gloucester, I certainly missed this option I sat in two new QQ's this weekend and never noticed this, need my glasses next time :) . I have read the Nissan Blurb on this and you are correct there is a photo which you found on the U.K. Web and it is also on the German Web ;)
Sandgrounder, no problem here to help :)
I also found a sharper pic of the "Aerodynamic Aids" :D

IMG_2235.PNG