Nissan Qashqai Facelift

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Headlamp washers….

They are compulsory, no matter what type of light it fitted, if the output of the dipped beam is 2000 lumens or more. I am not aware of what lights are fitted to the latest Qashqai but if dipped have more than 2000 lumens, they will be fitted. The Halogens on basic models don't come near that figure but it is probable that any Bi-Xenon and LED lights will. Certainly the LED lights on my new Volvo are in a different league to the Xenon on my CRV, which are again in a different league to the yellow weak halogens on my three year old Qashqai.

I did change the Qashqai bulbs for Halfords extra bright white ones, and it made one heck of a difference. Trouble is, they don't last. The second one fused a couple of days ago and I'll be changing it back to the original factory bulb, which I've kept as a spare, tomorrow evening in preparation for its MOT on Tuesday.

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

" ... it is probable that any Bi-Xenon and LED lights will ... " - they don't on the J11A though
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

My QQ has LED lights and there are no washers for them. I have a Mini Coupe with Bi-xenon lighting that has washers. The QQ lights are brighter, figure that out.
Quacker wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:57 pm Headlamp washers….

They are compulsory, no matter what type of light it fitted, if the output of the dipped beam is 2000 lumens or more. I am not aware of what lights are fitted to the latest Qashqai but if dipped have more than 2000 lumens, they will be fitted. The Halogens on basic models don't come near that figure but it is probable that any Bi-Xenon and LED lights will. Certainly the LED lights on my new Volvo are in a different league to the Xenon on my CRV, which are again in a different league to the yellow weak halogens on my three year old Qashqai.

I did change the Qashqai bulbs for Halfords extra bright white ones, and it made one heck of a difference. Trouble is, they don't last. The second one fused a couple of days ago and I'll be changing it back to the original factory bulb, which I've kept as a spare, tomorrow evening in preparation for its MOT on Tuesday.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I can understand you having a Qashqai but haven't a clue why you've got a Mini Coupe !!!!!

(Just kidding! I've sure it's a very nice little car...)
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

This might be of interest from 2013 though - Dave ;)

https://www.carlightblog.com/2013/10/22 ... er-system/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 1571

Daewar wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:39 am My QQ has LED lights and there are no washers for them. I have a Mini Coupe with Bi-xenon lighting that has washers. The QQ lights are brighter, figure that out.
I can only presume that the Qashqai LED lights come in at under the light output that makes washers compulsory. For my own part, I have Bi-Xenon on a CRV whose light is OK but really nothing special and no better than the halogens on my 1998 Land Cruiser. Both have washers, the Xenon being compulsory while I don't 'think' that the halogen washers were or are compulsory, considering that 55W is a longstanding limit.
Anyhow, I also happen to have a car with LED lights. Not the Qashqai, which has the ridiculously weak halogens, but a 90 series Volvo with active shadow control. Regardless of the active shadow feature, these things are in a totally different league to all other lights I've ever driven. They turn night into day. They do, whether as a consequence of light output or not, have washers. Washers as useless as all others.

It just may be the case, however unlikely, that some cars may not comply fully with regulations in every country in every detail. Otherwise the omission of washers on Qashqai that has LED lights can only be explained by a mediocre light output.

Did I mention that the Halfords dip beam H7 halogens on my Qashqai have now both fused and been replaced by the original factory fit candles? Anyhow, this morning I've had a pair of Phillips Extra White Light H7 bulbs [+60%] to once again try and see where the car is going at night. They will undoubtedly be a vast improvement on the yellowish weak originals if they are half as good as the Halfords ones.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Quacker, we had these Phillips H7 bulbs in our Juke Tekna also. Have you seen these Phillips H7 Xtreme-Vision bulbs with +130% they might be of interest for you - Dave 😲

B2B36244-FBE3-449B-A862-355EA92089DB.jpeg

2E1B0107-2131-4721-94D5-9C5FB52E0DEC.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 1571

Yes thanks, but not for the first time I've made a complete hash of things. The bulbs I need are the H11 ones. The outer lights on the Qashqai.
Can't seem to find 130% more light versions of these, although there are some LED versions which are not legal and of uncertain quality.
So I'm after really good H11 now and have a pair of spare H7, which will doubtless be forgotten about by the time I do need them. Ho-hum!
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I used H9s for my dip lights. They need a very slight alteration on the metal base but are brighter than H11s because they're 65w.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Red Rooster
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Red Rooster »

Hound wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:28 pm I used H9s for my dip lights. They need a very slight alteration on the metal base but are brighter than H11s because they're 65w.
Didnt really want to get off topic here but I got the Osram lasers H9 as above for main and MTEC H11 12v 55w Super White HID Class Upgrade Bulbs for dip. Main beam brill but I need something better than the ones I got for dip. Hound what sort of mod did you do on your H11's to fit the dip connector. Mods can move this.
58 plate 2.0 l petrol Acenta
2016 1.6 DIG-T Ink Blue
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, Ink Blue
2024 1.3 DIG-T 160 MHEV Tekna with bose and led fog lights.Mag blue Black roof.